Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Old-Timey Hamer Sighting

Rich_S

My old friend Warren (on the right with the flamed Strat) posted this photo on FB last night.  That's his brother Jon with the '58 Burst reissue.  Front and center, Jon's Standard.  This must have been an early photo, I'm guessing 1982-ish.  The Standard had neck-stability problems and was later sent back to Hamer, who replaced the neck (or maybe just the fingerboard) with dots instead of traps.

Jon was a hardcore classic/southern rock guy and hated the new-wavey stuff I was getting into.  If he ever caught me playing the solo from "Driven To Tears" on his Hamer, he'd run into the room and take it away from me.

46226492_2371324846265273_62607704214701

2 hours ago, tommy p said:

Old school!  Is that at a music store or studio, or is  all that gear theirs?

Well, both.  For a few years, they had a small teaching studio where they gave lessons to wanbabe Jimis, Jimmys, Eddies, and Randys. And yes, all the gear is theirs.  A lot of it, they sort of glommed onto at budget prices because nobody knew what it was, or that it would one day be trendy and valuable.  The Fender Vibratone is a good example.  It was all just used gear back then.

Archived