Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Thank you, Roy Clark. We miss you.

Condolences to Roy's family, friends and fans. 

One of my earliest memories of Roy Clark was an 8 track tape my dad had with Roy leaning on a Rolls-Royce - "I Never Picked Cotton."

Seems like yesterday - RIP Roy.

Hamerica

Only came across Roy earlier this year! What a player. Love to hear/watch him...

I rushed home today to plug in my guitar, in hopes that maybe I had inherited a small piece of his talent...nope.  I hope someone got it.   Another truly amazing guitarist gone.

Mr. Clark is in the top four of favorite interviews I ever did. So's B.B. King---both were not just famous, they were icons, and both really made me feel at ease, and they really opened up when I began detailed inquiries about guitars.

It's easy to remember Clark for what he termed his "schtick" (a guitar-generated tommy gun effect on "Folsom Prison Blues" comes to mind, as does the Gatemouth Brown stuff) but he could pull off some jaw-dropping moments---a flat-picked "Malaguena" anyone?

Roy Clark-LO.jpg

2 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Heritage Guitars' most prolific endorsing artist is now gone. Who's left that's worth a hoot? Kenny Burrell for sure (at 87 or 88 years old, he's not quite IBS yet, but it's coming...), and Alex Skolnick? Heritage will most likely be IBS or RBS soonly, unless of course they find some more artists. Oh, there's BrentRocks too.

RIP Roy, I'll miss you!

There seems to be some consensus that at least one part of a Heritage is already IBS.

Archived