Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Explorer bass, need info. please!

Justin Warren

Question

I recently received this bass as a gift from a friend in Chicago. The serial number is stamped on the back of the headstock. It is number 0634. The truss rod cover says “Babe”. I am wondering when it was made and who it was made for? The bass plays and sounds amazing. I am so happy to have it! Thanks.o

03D40D9D-4C43-4CE5-96F8-4134B3162EC4.jpeg

0726CE3F-5FA4-44F6-9C08-83968B629CC0.jpeg

16 answers to this question

It's a 1984 Standard bass.  Pretty damned cool and rare!

Sorry you think our site sucks, but most people just post links or upload pics - not sure why you're having issues.

Those are not very common, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of people crawling out of the woodwork to make you offers offline.  

11 hours ago, Justin Warren said:

Sorry, your site doesn’t suck! I was just frustrated trying to upload pics and having trouble. The site is awesome and I appreciate being a member! I am so thrilled to have this vintage Hamer bass... thanks for the info!

Very wise.

13 hours ago, Justin Warren said:

This site says it can only accept photos under a certain size (lame). I have excellent shots of the headstock but this site says they’re “too big”. I’ve only been a member of this “Hammer fan page” for fifteen minutes and it already sucks. Sorry.

izOrT2Y.jpg

VERY COOL indeed!!!! I think There is a local Bass Player here on the South Side of Chicago named Babe something...

Archived