Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS Hamer Scarab Bass

Selling my Hamer Scarab Bass. I assume it was built in the mid 80s. Unfortunately the S/N was either covered invisibly or sanded out when the bass was refinished by the previous owner. Relatively new EMG P-J pickups, mahogany body, most likely a maple neck (although I do recall Hamer built basses with mahogany neck), rosewood fretboard. The bass was registered under the CITES act in Germany. The neck is chunkier than most other Hamers I own but is not neck heavy. It has a couple dings the most visible near the neck pickup and the other one on the upper back wing. Comes with OHSC.

The biggest "flaw" is the white area around the logo which originates from the refinishing. The painter could have done a much better job on this but it never bothered me too much. I am sure a good painter can correct this. Anybody who wants a good rock bass with upscale components and a sound that cuts through the mix has come to the right place. Maybe a good addition in a Def Leppard tribute band.

The bass is located in germany. For potential buyers in germany: local pickup preferred due to the size of the case or handover somewhere that we agree upon.

For international potential buyers: Buyer pays for shipping. I can look up rates.

Asking price is 650 Euros but is negotiable. 

HC1.jpg

HC2.jpg

HC3.jpg

HC4.jpg

HC5.jpg

HC6.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Hardrockracer said:

Well, I don't ask a fortune.

The price is good, but with one kid in college and the other planning a wedding, I can't throw out a grand for a bass right now.  We've got another offer and hopefully this one goes through.  If so,  I may be checking to see if it is still there.  Still GLWS!

1 hour ago, mathman said:

The price is good, but with one kid in college and the other planning a wedding, I can't throw out a grand for a bass right now.  We've got another offer and hopefully this one goes through.  If so,  I may be checking to see if it is still there.  Still GLWS!

I understand.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/18/2020 at 4:39 AM, Hamersky said:

Hello dear Hardrockracer,

I am seriously interested. Is the bass still available?

If so, please contact me ASAP at [email protected]

With best regards,

David

Sorry, the bass was already sold when you posted here. I just didn't update the thread right away.

Archived