Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Queen doing great on streaming services —after the movie, of course

zorrow

As I mentioned here, Queen is making the youngsters to listen to some true music, thanks to the new “Bohemian Rhapsody” movie.

In the “official streaming charts” they seem to be at the top, with their platinum collection leading the parade —please see the image below.

Also, right now they are the 27th most listened artist on Spotify, with more than 32 million listeners per month —please see the other image below.

I don’t know how this can be a game changer, but I’m still very happy about the fact people are listening to Queen now, instead of listening to all the crap they believed it was music.

I’m actually seeing some changes in my own house. My daughter does listen to some good music since ever, but now her friends are very enthusiastic about Queen too, and it’s just funny how they talk about it and even share their thoughts with me —a mid-aged guy who normally has nothing to do with their matters. 😉

In short, for once in a long while, art and popularity are going hand in hand. What a great thing to witness! ☺️

D4BEAF9A-DC94-481B-8CC7-2DAF72F1F463.png

529EE11B-C6F0-4613-A27B-B2E33F4B7E02.png

It is good to see the young'ins listening to "our stuff"

The young Toadrollers have grown up with a lot of classic rock and the rest of my (if you ask me, eclectic; if you ask Mrs. Toadroller, depressing- exhibit A being Aimee Mann, whose music I love and Mrs. Toadroller loathes...) musical tastes. 

That's revealed itself in the 17 year old Toadroller having picked up guitar, drums, and piano, and a deep love for U2, the Beatles, and other things classic rock fused with the stuff the kids listen to today.  He has a buddy who comes over once every month or so and the two of them jam for a good three hours, all things classic rock, two minutes per song, one take, never repeating themselves.  What a catalog they play!  The Band, Dylan, Beatles, Toto, Zeppelin, on down the early 70s line.

Interesting. Our sons all joined either concerts or the movie. One son playing cover band for many years. So, he is pretty much into the rock pop history. We also went for festivals years ago. So, I can’t complain. Nevertheless, they all combine all worlds in daily listening.

Archived