Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Michael Schenker V - $900

Any Michael Schenker fans around these parts? I have an early to mid 80s Fernandes FV-85MS Artist Series Michael Schenker V that I'll be listing on Reverb in a few days. Thought I'd give you fellas a first look.

The FV-85MS appeared in the Fernandes catalogs from 1982-1985. There are no markings that would indicate the exact year, but it'll be in that period. This one is in very good shape, especially considering its age. A previous owner performed some changes as follows:

The pickups were swapped for a set of Duncans, a Pearly Gates Neck pickup in the bridge position and a '59 Neck in the neck position. These are low output pickups with the PG resistance reading at 7.28 and the '59 at 6.88.

The nut was changed to a brass nut.

I believe the capacitor has been upgraded as well. I'm not really sure what it is, but I did include a picture.

Other than those changes, I believe the guitar to be original. Everything else is consistent with others I've seen listed and the pics in the catalogs.

There's only very light playwear, the paint is intact throughout. The frets are in great condition with only the slightest wear visible, nothing even remotely requiring any leveling.

The guitar itself sounds very good and plays well up and down the neck. In a nod to Kiz, I took some neck measurements. They are:

Width - 1 5/8" at the nut, 2" at the 12th fret

Thickness - 7/8" at the nut, 15/16" at the 12th fret

The guitar weighs a light 7.1 pounds.

An original hard shell case is included. While the case itself is in good shape, two of the hinges are broken. It'll protect the guitar in shipping or while in storage, but will need to be repaired to be a functional case for carrying around.

Asking $900 shipped/paypal'd. It's a lot of vintage Japanese guitar for under a grand.

A few pics below, more here - https://1drv.ms/a/s!AoLRRT1O_HxX20e4qmcpARVswk0w

y4mtTjHyHs5tHCXZqCvreo6f3dRVuTccQ2-mC6EA

y4mM2sxGpjEZgvKKVCF2F1krqwcn5HSqUaWxHniF

y4mUtQ_InGLIGmFHGtziU3VT-aU-yiMVFJ3lsZxv

Archived