Hamer Fan Club Message Center

K.K. Downing Auction

BTMN

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, devrock said:

Honestly, that doesn't bother me. How many years did he play that guitar? The neck break and repair are reelly irrelevant in this instance, IMO. 

Agreed... just trying to help by pointing it out for fellow HFC members~

1 hour ago, devrock said:

How many years did he play that guitar? The neck break and repair are reelly irrelevant in this instance, IMO. 

What's relevant is how many years he played that guitar after the repair.  

50 minutes ago, devrock said:

Well.....I don't feel so bad any more, as the bidding was INSANE. The Hamer sold for $33k. The 67 V went for.....*gag*.....$190k. Yes. $190K!!!!!!! My god.

I’m glad everything is ending well... and that you’re accepting your DEFEAT graciously :P 

4 hours ago, devrock said:

Well.....I don't feel so bad any more, as the bidding was INSANE. The Hamer sold for $33k. The 67 V went for.....*gag*.....$190k. Yes. $190K!!!!!!! My god.

That is probably the record price for a Hamer.  As I recall the Paul Stanley Hamers were much less than that in the KISS auction from around 15 years ago. 

The 67 V is a big part of early Judas Priest history.  However, the band played Hamer guitars for more than half of their existence. 

4 hours ago, devrock said:

So, after the auction house takes its cut, Ken gets, what, 60%-70?. Then the queen takes her cut, I'm certain, but not sure what that rate is for auction revenue in Blighty. Still, not bad for old tools of the trade gathering dust. I am more saddened that he sold his mailbox money, though. 

52 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

That is probably the record price for a Hamer.  As I recall the Paul Stanley Hamers were much less than that in the KISS auction from around 15 years ago. 

Johnny Ramone Hamer went for $55k. http://artdaily.com/news/87419/Johnny-Ramone-customized-Hamer-guitar-sold-for-more-than--55-000-at-auction

Another famous Hamer may (or may not?) have sold recently.  I'm wondering where that went pricewise if indeed the rumor is true.

On 12/16/2018 at 3:30 AM, cmatthes said:

Another famous Hamer may (or may not?) have sold recently.  I'm wondering where that went pricewise if indeed the rumor is true.

If you say A you got to say B. 

Archived