Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Anybody Want Cheesecake With Their Guitars?

Yeah seen his wares displayed before........................"Lusting after a guitar".......................LOL! REALLY?:wacko:https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-Fender-25th-Anniversary-Stratocaster/232687012031?_trkparms=aid%3D333200%26algo%3DCOMP.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20171012094517%26meid%3Dba68fd67d1f94ddda82f061cb94890cc%26pid%3D100008%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D232412723048%26itm%3D232687012031&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219 Not sure I would want to touch any of those.....................guitars..........................or women!;)

Always thought it was pretty weaksauce to try to sell a guitar that way (uh the fifteen-year-old who finds that exciting can't afford your overpriced gear anyhow). While it speaks volumes about the crowd the seller associates with (or rents by the hour), I'd rather just see the guitar.  I have a credit card that might cover the guitar but the rest is pure unobtainium lol.  

5 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

cruise1.jpg

Lest no forget Hamer was doing it for a while too.

In fact, I wrote Jol a letter about it and how I felt it devalued the brand.  He called me and we spoke about it for about half an hour.  Shortly after, those ads stopped appearing, maybe it was a coincidence. 

Thank God he listened; where would Hamer be today without your input?

WOW, this thread is a serious 'senior moment'.....Male-Menopause is real, folks. 

Back to your regularly-scheduled Geritol commercial....

On 11/28/2018 at 9:41 PM, Studio Custom said:

cruise1.jpg

Lest no forget Hamer was doing it for a while too.

In fact, I wrote Jol a letter about it and how I felt it devalued the brand.  He called me and we spoke about it for about half an hour.  Shortly after, those ads stopped appearing, maybe it was a coincidence. 

I don't have a problem with female bass players at all.  

3 hours ago, Disturber said:

I don't have a problem with female bass players at all.  

I have a problem with that ad, and certainly not because there's a "nude" woman in it.

1. Text on top of the image
  2. Too much text.
  3. Nearly illegible font.
  4. Nonsense copy. "...nobody but you and God could understand"? GTFO of here.
  5. Girl with unwashed, unstyled hair and no make up.
  6. No mention of HAMER anywhere.

It's just chock full o' fail.

As for female bass players, she's my fave.

A-2914168-1430777548-1450.jpeg.jpg

Just now, hamerhead said:

Fixed it.

What were they selling?

Beats the shit out of me. It's not like they mentioned the bass or the brand in their terrible, illegible copy.
Short hair is fine, as long as it's not that.

Always thought that cruise bass ad was weird... Throw a naked girl in there, but make it "artistic" so it's okay. 

I hadn't seen that ad since back in the day, but I might actually know the model... Hard to be sure 20 years later, but it looks like her bone structure and that was the era when she was active. If so, the ad doesn't do her any more justice than it does the bass. I'll have to ask her about it some time. Maybe I should see if I can't get her to take a photo with my cruise bass... probably in bad taste to ask her to take her clothes off though! Her husband might not see humor. 

19 minutes ago, Marvelicious said:

I hadn't seen that ad since back in the day, but I might actually know the model... Hard to be sure 20 years later, but it looks like her bone structure and that was the era when she was active. If so, the ad doesn't do her any more justice than it does the bass. I'll have to ask her about it some time. Maybe I should see if I can't get her to take a photo with my cruise bass... probably in bad taste to ask her to take her clothes off though! Her husband might not see humor. 

Could probably get away with a halter top and panties.  If she poses right, you'll never see them.
I think it's something you should explore for the good of the HFC. A "Then and Now" pictorial.

Save the nonsensical gibberish festooned about the photograph, though. 
What garbage!

17 minutes ago, Marvelicious said:

I believe the industry term for "nonsensical gibberish" is "advertising copy".

I'm not in that industry, but I know abject failure when I see it.  

7 hours ago, kizanski said:

I have a problem with that ad, and certainly not because there's a "nude" woman in it.

1. Text on top of the image
  2. Too much text.
  3. Nearly illegible font.
  4. Nonsense copy. "...nobody but you and God could understand"? GTFO of here.
  5. Girl with unwashed, unstyled hair and no make up.
  6. No mention of HAMER anywhere.

It's just chock full o' fail.

In fairness, there was a second page to that ad.  Granted, with migraine-inducing font and confusing test-over-text layout.  But it does say Hamer, with an additional shot of the headstock.

cruise2.jpg

Archived