Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Was there a wraptail P90 Studio?

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Wrappers (the smooth bar style ones) have a SCHWANG to them.  

My bridge of choice.  

From the guy who knows his schwang.

3 hours ago, Camstone said:

Increased sustain over TOM and tailpiece configuration has been my experience.

String instruments with a bridge and tailpiece have an "effective" string length (from nut to bridge saddles) and a "total" string length (from nut to tailpiece termination).

For wraptail bridged guitars, the total and effective lengths are the same. I can see where a wraptail could improve sustain as Camstone mentions, but also, when bending strings, you get a larger pitch shift because none of the string pulling or stretching is wasted on the string length between the bridge saddle and the tailpiece termination. When you bend on a wraptail, you get 100% pitch shift for your effort. 

I had a USA wraptail Eclipse for a while and it just seemed to be a faster, more responsive guitar vs. tailpiece models. It was just like this one, right down to the Vintage Orange body color:

dwnlfquhfiub8ckdlrzu.jpg

1 hour ago, The Shark said:

For the time being, this is the best one I've ever owned...

e9CQRGq.jpg

Ooh...   what is that...?

I prefer the smooth one-piece wraptails as they seem to ring a little better; I imagine it's the string moving slightly against the metal surface of the bar. 

But for OP's question... Maybe a Korina Jr is how they thought they covered that base? Sensational guitars. Here's a little noodling on one...

(Ignore the picture, that's my wraptail studio that now has a BKP Blue Note HSP90... the other solution to the question.)

I believe the only Hamer USA catalog guitars with wraptails were the mid-'90s Studios and Artist Studios and much later the Newport 90. But there were several special runs, such as the BCR Jrs., Korina Jrs., Special Ks, and at least a couple of P-90 Specials.

Archived