Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Speaking of missing members

On 12/2/2018 at 11:42 AM, Ting Ho Dung said:

Anyone know where Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame has been?

I spoke with Nathan recently and he's doing great.   Recently, he's focusing more on family, work and playing.  Great guy.

He said that if his name where to ever come up in a post to tell everyone he said, "Hi".

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure I could be a fender him again. That kinda of actions don't Breedlove.  The Dean of rock and roll told me he had esp  and I was Alvarez it.  But it turns out he was no Godin. But if you want to make it you have to gibson, and you will probably lose some.  It happens. It's not  Gretch and I don't expect an Ovation,  but PRS. Sometimes things work out that way.  I try to Taylor everyone I see.  Your Mama Hauls, but if you get burned,  then Washburns.  Or they may not heal...

Yea,   not expecting an Ovation here.  Probably, I deserve an Hamer.

6 minutes ago, mathman said:

I am not sure I could be a fender him again. That kinda of actions don't Breedlove.  The Dean of rock and roll told me he had esp  and I was Alvarez it.  But it turns out he was no Godin. But if you want to make it you have to gibson, and you will probably lose some.  It happens. It's not  Gretch and I don't expect an Ovation,  but PRS. Sometimes things work out that way.  I try to Taylor everyone I see.  Your Mama Hauls, but if you get burned,  then Washburns.  Or they may not heal...

Damn, that was really thoughtful. But I didn't see no Heritage in there. I mean, we all have Heritage. 

13 hours ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

Damn, that was really thoughtful. But I didn't see no Heritage in there. I mean, we all have Heritage. 

Well, Heritage again...

I have Feynman's email address. We talk sparingly. He is under a lot of stress with his job and has restarted graduate school in some obscure mathematics pertaining to cryptology.

Now you know why they call him Feynman.

• 2 months later...

Missing Hectorp too. He was so active here, and was involved in the Chicago get togethers (that I missed). Anyone know where he is about these days?

Forums everywhere aren't as popular as they once were.  I think facebook groups may have taken those people away.  

I still prefer forums over the facebook groups though.  This is really the only message board I pay attention to.  I used to be active on the old Kramer forum, TGP, Gearslutz, but it after a while, I took a few years off.  

There's a lot of great information collected over the years on forums that you can search for.  In facebook, I think it gets lost over time.  

11 hours ago, DarrenD said:

Forums everywhere aren't as popular as they once were.  I think facebook groups may have taken those people away.  

I still prefer forums over the facebook groups though.  This is really the only message board I pay attention to.  I used to be active on the old Kramer forum, TGP, Gearslutz, but it after a while, I took a few years off.  

There's a lot of great information collected over the years on forums that you can search for.  In facebook, I think it gets lost over time.  

I’ve been on a bunch of forums over the years. Jackson/Charvel was my first one, then Seymour Duncan users group, this one after that. Was on a mustang forum when I had my Shelby, Jeep forum when I had my wrangler, F150 forum when I had my old truck and again a couple years ago when I got my new one. 

Got out of the forums for a while and this is the only one I came back to. HFC has the best group of people that I’ve experienced. And it helps that Hamer guitars have been such a big part of my life. 

I'll read other forums but I almost never comment. Part of my participation here is just to be around familiar voices. It's more like a gang, er, uh, club than a bunch of strangers interested in the same thing. It's sort of a cyber version of hanging around the barbershop (or bar, or pool hall, or... pick your analogy). Honestly, if I didn't see the same people here, it wouldn't be as fun.

And it helps that there aren't any broads to offend...

• 1 month later...

There was a guy who called himself Wordupperman, who worked at the Hamer factory. He posted a lot around 2007. Lot's of good info. Anyone know who he was, and if he is still here (perhaps under a different name?)

Archived