Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Now I know how you guys feel!

bubs_42

1 hour ago, bubs_42 said:

Guy walks over at work and asks what I was listening to on my radio. "Mark Knopfler, you know that song Money for Nothing?" BLANK STARE: Then I realized he wasn't born until the very late 90's. LOL 

200w.gif

Years ago I saw a comedian doing a routine poking fun at millennials (although they hadn't started calling them that yet) and he said "these people don't even know that Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings"...but Wings broke up 37 years ago already!

7 minutes ago, Bloozguy said:

Years ago I saw a comedian doing a routine poking fun at millennials (although they hadn't started calling them that yet) and he said "these people don't even know that Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings"...but Wings broke up 37 years ago already!

Billy Cristal in "When Harry Met Sally".

10 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

A little weenie here at work used an app on his phone to 'know' who's playing. He finally fessed up the other day.

Little b*stard.

App is called Shazam. I've found some cool music that I would have never known about without it.

3 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

It’s even better (worse?) when the person you’re talking to has NEVER HEARD OF THE BEATLES!!!!

When I was working in a theatre, they had a guy just out of high school interning in the scene shop.  The scene shop had a big PA system blasting music over the power tools.  The foreman put on the White Album and the 18 year old comes up and says, "Hey, this is pretty catchy.  Who are these guys?"   

He was taken into the office for about an hour to learn about the Beatles. 

12 hours ago, atomicwash said:

I work with a guy who thinks Flock of Seagulls played every new wave song in the 80's.

Just learned something here. B)

Too funny. My 16yr old son and I were talking just last night about the lack of depth in the current crop of bands. Zeppelin’s Kashmir was on the radio and he asked why today’s bands don’t make music like that. We were trying to come up with a group we thought would still be played like that 30 years from now.  Not too many have that sort of staying power. I mean, Queen, The Rolling Stones, ZZ Top, AC/DC, are bands I listened to in the 70s and they’re still in the rotation on the local rock stations.

17 hours ago, atomicwash said:

I work with a guy who thinks Flock of Seagulls played every new wave song in the 80's.

Their long time guitarist Joe Rodriguez is a buddy of mine.  He says they're still huge in South America and the Far East.

1 hour ago, HamerDave said:

Too funny. My 16yr old son and I were talking just last night about the lack of depth in the current crop of bands. Zeppelin’s Kashmir was on the radio and he asked why today’s bands don’t make music like that. We were trying to come up with a group we thought would still be played like that 30 years from now.  Not too many have that sort of staying power. I mean, Queen, The Rolling Stones, ZZ Top, AC/DC, are bands I listened to in the 70s and they’re still in the rotation on the local rock stations.

They don’t call it Classic Rock for nothing. 

2 hours ago, HamerDave said:

It's like the Cracked article I posted about William Shatner's latest 'single'...see the lame joke they made in the article about ZZ Top (they didn't even realize that there's three main members in the band, and has been for at least 45 years, I guess they never saw their videos either), it's kinda like the generational equivalent of the joke from 1964 that The Beatles were a 'haircut' band that only sang 'yeah yeah yeah' and nobody could tell them apart:

http://www.cracked.com/article_26070_christmas-cancelled-william-shatner-broke-it.html

20 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

It’s even better (worse?) when the person you’re talking to has NEVER HEARD OF THE BEATLES!!!!

I dated a super hot young lady that never heard of Jimi Hendrix... not too much in common & conversations were often awkward... but the sex was great! 😉

Just yesterday I was explaining a reference I'd made to Rodney Dangerfield's Back to School to a pair of millenials (current definition) I work with, which led to me having to explain who Sam Kinison was, "are you happy now, you dominating bitch?!?!" and who the short guy from Christine was and concluded with "oh, never mind, I'm just old."

I never even got to Sally Kellerman.

Archived