Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What is the Hamer you hardly ever see for sale.......or ever see at all.

I just don't have the money to buy all those Hamer guitars that get my interest. I am mostly into the "shedder" era models (1985-1995). I always loved the Steve Stevens I, Firebird, Californian and Chaparral guitars. The Chaparral Max Bass was my favorite bass from Hamer. Over the years I got those, that is what I have and I am happy with it. Sure, there may be one of those models with a more interesting color or feature, but basically it doesn't do anything better for me than the guitar I already have, except maybe even more pleasing to the eye. I have seen pics of a curly maple body set-neck Cali in cherry sunburst, that would have been a dream, also saw a pic of a cherry sunburst Steve Stevens (with a massive curly maple body?), that unfortunately was lefthanded. You get the picture, one of my favorite models with nice figured maple body and neck in my favorite color (cherry sunburst with black or gold hardware), that would be my dream Hamer.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/7/2018 at 11:20 AM, Dave Scepter said:

Dooode, I bought this ugly dog on Ebay for less than cheap... & I must say, it's a great guitar!.. I've actually grown very fond of the paddle style headstocks & for the life of me, I can't get myself to refinish this guitar 😆

ZsWONes.png

I wouldn't refinish it either!  That is badass just the way it is.

20 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Damn it. Now I want a Watson.

I know a cure for that...

19 hours ago, Greg G said:

Don’t know how many were made with the Dano headstock but haven’t seen one for sale

I wouldn’t count total custom orders like that, since those were never a model.

Maestro

I have only seen one and never one for sale.  I reportedly missed one a Willie's a couple of decades ago by just days. 

Photo is from http://www.buddlejagarden.co.uk/hamer/virtuo.htm

maestro1.jpg

On 12/8/2018 at 3:42 AM, Greg G said:

Don’t know how many were made with the Dano headstock but haven’t seen one for sale

Two for Rockpile (?) and two for Sam Moss Guitars.

One, very worn Rockpile Sunburst with the Dano headstock was posted for sale on this board some years ago. I don't think it sold. Not here anyway. The price was quite high (then, probably reasonable today). The seller was a newbie and got a bit of flac, for some reason I can't remember. I don't think he's posted here since then.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 11:15 AM, G Man said:

Other than the one I bought, I have not seen a sustain block blitz in the wild, although I know they made them.

I have one - was Kahlerized decades ago, but it was only surface-mount.  Getting it refinished now, should be done soon.  It will get re-Blocked.

On 12/7/2018 at 10:20 AM, Dave Scepter said:

Dooode, I bought this ugly dog on Ebay for less than cheap... & I must say, it's a great guitar!.. I've actually grown very fond of the paddle style headstocks & for the life of me, I can't get myself to refinish this guitar 😆

ZsWONes.png

I've wondered where that one landed -  great get.

39 minutes ago, Rockola said:

There was a 3x3 Blitz Sustain Block with tiger maple veneer. Holy chit...Seen just once. Did that fall to Peter ?

I'm not sure, but I do recall a Candy Tangerine, double bound 3x3 Blitz that hung in Sam Moss' shop in Winston in the mid-late 1980s...

10 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

I'm not sure, but I do recall a Candy Tangerine, double bound 3x3 Blitz that hung in Sam Moss' shop in Winston in the mid-late 1980s...

There was also the one that hung at BCR for ages - Sustain Block, 3 x 3 head stock, flamed maple veneer.

On 12/10/2018 at 1:34 PM, cynic said:

Doesn't everyone have one?  Here's mine hanging out with @murkat

tbhHwyb.jpg

A sustainblock-ed Blitz with a 6-in-line HS... I’ve always wanted one! 

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

There was also the one that hung at BCR for ages - Sustain Block, 3 x 3 head stock, flamed maple veneer.

That could be the one. I didn't recall the BCR connection and thought it was an auction/eBay. It looked like a R&R machine

2 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Is there an in-store image from the Moss store ? 

Did the green metallic Special from Mitch Easter ever resurface  ?

~edit maybe not metallic. Hard to believe 34 yrs ago I saw him open for REM in Wilmington. His closer was Mississippi Queen WITH Corky Laing. 

Mitch.JPG

4 hours ago, zorrow said:

A sustainblock-ed Blitz with a 6-in-line HS... I’ve always wanted one! 

This one is a little different from the typical 6-in-line Blitz headstock.  I always wanted one too.  Jay was kind enough to build me one :)

P6Hu1xP.jpg

14 hours ago, cynic said:

This one is a little different from the typical 6-in-line Blitz headstock.  I always wanted one too.  Jay was kind enough to build me one :)

P6Hu1xP.jpg

🙄 Oh! You cheater!!! :P 

Archived