Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What is the Hamer you hardly ever see for sale.......or ever see at all.

I've seen more of just about everything than of Californian Customs. For years I tried to snag one, to absolutely no avail.

I sold my Virtuoso earlier this year, but it took me 16 years to get to the point of selling it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, tobereeno said:

I've seen more of just about everything than of Californian Customs. For years I tried to snag one, to absolutely no avail.

I sold my Virtuoso earlier this year, but it took me 16 years to get to the point of selling it.

I was staggered when you sold your Virt Tobe.  It was as if it was part of your own mojo.

You’re right on the Cali Customs though.  They are few and far between and the clean ones are very rare.

In all honesty mine is one of my go to guitars for recording.  The tone is to die for and it’s so playable.  Ditto my Virt for that matter.  

On 12/11/2018 at 2:56 PM, Rockola said:

Is there an in-store image from the Moss store ? 

Did the green metallic Special from Mitch Easter ever resurface  ?

~edit maybe not metallic. Hard to believe 34 yrs ago I saw him open for REM in Wilmington. His closer was Mississippi Queen WITH Corky Laing. 

Mitch.JPG

Mitch's Special was Ice Blue/Pelham Blue Metallic.  Pretty cool in person, but I haven't seen it since maybe '88...in little ways.  ;)

Sadly. no pic of the Candy Tangerine double-bound Blitz, but I did manage to find it on an old stocklist from Sam the Bhagman...

A pearl pink Chap custom. Had one 20 yrs. ago. Used to see them every so often. Now that I want one again, nothing.

-Bobby

Archived