Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wampler

Jeroen

Hey y'all,

Bought a Paisley drive 2 weeks ago and really like it. For 3 years now I am following Brian Wampler, but never bought some stuff. Now I am trying to retire my Zoom G7.1ut and try to go back to some stompboxes. I have a bunch of Digitech stuff, some Boss and others. Now I just made a mistake to buy a Wampler Faux spring reverb..... not! 😊, and am wondering, any other Wampler users here and what do you use?

Jeroen

I was on the hunt for a clean(ish) boost a while back. I ended up with their original Tumnus. Really nice sounding OD Boost. I like it. It doea get a little bit dirty for what I was looking for. But, its nice to have the option to add the grit if I choose. So far - I'm very pleased

I have a pile of Wampler pedals; I bought 6 or 7 new and the rest were used on Reverb.  My gig pedal board for the country band was a Velvet Fuzz into an Ego Compressor into a Paisley Drive and a Tape Echo for slapback (also used Boss pedals for modulation and a TU-3 - they're bulletproof and always sounded good).  Never had a Tumnus because I've been happy with a BFE Fat Bastard or EHX Soul Food for boost.  I played a parts tele into a Deluxe Reverb Reissue on 3-4 tops so any drive has to come from the pedals.  Did play a gig on a trailer at a street fair with the tele with just a 30 Something into the DRRI because I didn't have room for pedals (used the 30 Something for gritty Vox and  boost tones and had to put it on top of the amp).

Wampler has a lot of options for dirt tones;   almost too many lol.

I have the Ethereal always on bit of reverb and hint of delay. I think its fantastic. I have had the Euphoria for couple of months. I think its great for boost and mild dirt. I actually stack OCD into it which sounds great. For the heavier stuff I have the Triple Wreck. I really like all of them and I would really like to try Tumnus Deluxe. 

I did have a Pinnacle deluxe V2 but I was not that keen on it. I thought it was too fizzy and I never found a sound that I was really happy with so I moved it on.

I am still in for a good distortion. Using a Paisley drive and a bad monkey for overdrive. The digitech Hot head and hot rod I have, i don't really like...sound is to plastic or something...haha

On my “Country band” pedalboard I have a Wampler Ego V1 compressor and a Wampler Sovereign V1 distortion pedal.  I know that last one will leave some thinking why so much distortion, why not get a Paisley Drive for Country?  Truth is with all the mini toggles and knob adjustments the Sovereign can cover just about any style of gain structure...versatile pedal IMO.  Plus modern Country has deviated from the classic twang sound and become pop rock with some traditional Country instruments layered in the mix.

Just added a faux spring reverb from Wampler to my pedal board...running from 1 problem into another! Need more space 😂😂

The sovereign and Pinnacle are maybe 2 options to cover my more 80s rock style/sound....

It depends what type of sound you are looking for; Wampler has a lot of amp-in-a-box pedals (Tweed '57 (fender tweeds), Black '65 (fender blackface), 30 Something(Vox), Euphoria (Dumble), Plextortion (JCM800)) if you want those tones.  The Pinnacle is an EVH-in-a-box pedal which I think sounds pretty good, and the Dracarys turns my tele/DRRI into a beast lol (check out the Sweetwater demo with Nick Bowcott).  The Sovereign is a pretty flexible and good sounding distortion (I think the Sovereign started out as a GC exclusive, but they're pretty easy to find for $120 USD or less on reverb).

I bought the large Holeyboard and have too many Wampler pedals to fit on it; I just chain 3 together on top of my cab and keep swapping depending on which genre I'm butchering that day lol.  

I have the Ego compressor, its nice. I don't really use it because I use the fat comp built into my Katana amp for my faux-jazz solo gigs, and I don't use a comp on rock gigs. but its a really nice comp because you can blend in the dry signal to make it sound more natural.

12 hours ago, Brooks said:

I have the Ego compressor, its nice. I don't really use it because I use the fat comp built into my Katana amp for my faux-jazz solo gigs, and I don't use a comp on rock gigs. but its a really nice comp because you can blend in the dry signal to make it sound more natural.

Isn't the Katana great? I have a pedal board (with a basic Tumnus), but I don't use anything in front of the Katana.

Archived