Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1996 Hamer Daytona – Trans Blue

I bought this Daytona from Patrick and it’s all original with a matched set of factory SD’s, trem bar and factory warranty card.  The Trans Blue finish is awesome and was one of Hamer’s less common finishes.  This is a great looking and playing guitar with factory HSC.  

There is an 8-10 inch faint worm that lengthwise down the back of the guitar that did not break the finish.  It isn’t very deep or wide – but it’s there.  Its faint enough it’s difficult to get to show up in the photos.  Otherwise the guitar is in very good shape with great frets and no other issues.

The HSC is in great shape except the cleats and hinges at the bottom/back of the case have some rust on them from sitting on a floor.  There is no indication this case has actually been in water though.  Other than that the case is in great shape.

I’ll post photos tomorrow.

$850 shipped to your door.  CONUS only – no trades.  Payment - Cashiers or personal check.

20181208_132346.jpg

NICE!

• 5 months later...

@rugby1970 they're really nice. I do tend to lean towards the Strat hoarder personality profile, but, these just feel amazing. I think it's the 14" radius on the fretboard.  The necks feel wide and flat to me. Goldilocks zone on the thickness. Not too thick, not too thin. The only thing I don't care for are the stock pickups. They're OK. Just OK. I swapped mine for a Lollar dirty blonde set and have not considered changing them since. My green '94 has been my #1 for going on 5 years now.

44279074_2283696044992484_1256874990368718848_n.jpg

A ‘96 is most likely Alder bodied.   The weight of those is typically less than the earlier Ash versions.

2 hours ago, HamerDave said:

@rugby1970 they're really nice. I do tend to lean towards the Strat hoarder personality profile, but, these just feel amazing. I think it's the 14" radius on the fretboard.  The necks feel wide and flat to me. Goldilocks zone on the thickness. Not too thick, not too thin. The only thing I don't care for are the stock pickups. They're OK. Just OK. I swapped mine for a Lollar dirty blonde set and have not considered changing them since. My green '94 has been my #1 for going on 5 years now.

44279074_2283696044992484_1256874990368718848_n.jpg

Bringin' sexy back!! Woot!!

sorry for my question, im from Argentina and i cant understand some words

what is CONUS only

and where are you living

im going to pass christmas and new year in fort lauderdale😏, plus a lot of days there

i dont need the guitar but im so tempted🤦‍♂️

I've owned four or five Daytona's - I can't remember anymore.  I'm now down to two that I was going to keep.  They've all played exceptionally well and have excellent (Hamer) tone.  So when choosing a Daytona it really just comes down to the finish and fretboard - you don't have to play 10-15 to find "the one".  

This one is not Ash, but the trans-blue is a remarkable finish they made for a year or two - factory stock.

Its been repeated ad-nauseam here and on other platforms - but its true.   Daytona's really do play noticeably better than the vast majority of your non CS Strats - Hamer made them THAT good.  The new owner will love this guitar.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2018 at 9:43 PM, Boomerang~Junkie said:

I bought this Daytona from Patrick and it’s all original with a matched set of factory SD’s, trem bar and factory warranty card.  The Trans Blue finish is awesome and was one of Hamer’s less common finishes.  This is a great looking and playing guitar with factory HSC.  

There is an 8-10 inch faint worm that lengthwise down the back of the guitar that did not break the finish.  It isn’t very deep or wide – but it’s there.  Its faint enough it’s difficult to get to show up in the photos.  Otherwise the guitar is in very good shape with great frets and no other issues.

The HSC is in great shape except the cleats and hinges at the bottom/back of the case have some rust on them from sitting on a floor.  There is no indication this case has actually been in water though.  Other than that the case is in great shape.

I’ll post photos tomorrow.

$850 shipped to your door.  CONUS only – no trades.  Payment - Cashiers or personal check.

20181208_132346.jpg

Beautiful guitar, and of course it plays better.  Congrats to both buyer and seller.

Archived