Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1983 Hamer Blitz 3X3 with Blitz or Standard Case – RED INTERIOR

The 1983 Blitz:

I bought this project, 6x6 Hamer Blitz (I really meant 3X3) from Thorn with a different case.   I intended to do some sort of RN/CT checkerboard paint job on it.  Clearly, that did not happen.  Still a perfect candidate for that sort of thing.

It has:

The Blitz has now got BOTH factory Hamer pickups and the back cover (thank you Michael) .

The correct, factory pickup rings and screws.

Correct 3x3 tuners.

Factory Floyd Rose with bar.

A straight and nice neck, frets are above average with a bunch of life left in them.

It needs:

NOTHING NOW -  to make it rock.

The body was rattle-canned black, but they stopped at the neck – so the neck still has the factory finish.

Michael might be able to provide more about this Blitz.

The Case:

The red interior Hamer case came from another guitar, but is period correct for an early Blitz as well as early four digit Standards.  It’s got some honest road wear on the outside where the Tolex is gone, but is still very solid with all the latches working correctly.  The interior of the case is actually very good to excellent.  This would be a great case for an older four digit that need a correct case or a road case.

No, I won’t split these two up.  If you only want the case - you get to buy them both and sell or fix the Blitz or whatever.

I’ll post photos Monday evening (02-18).

$750 shipped to your door.  CONUS only – no trades.  Payment - Cashiers or personal check.

20181208_130510.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have bridge p/u from  Blitz, '84 era to accompany, if anyone is interested. I sure I outbid Hamstd on the deal but never installed or found a home. I can get the multimeter and give reading, if needed. 

Go Chiefs

The pots and wiring are all still in-tact and will be working fine once pups are wired and installed.

I spoke with Mike (Thorn) - the previous curator of this shredding beast - and he told me that the loose PU I have that is in it is one of the two original Hamer PU's.  He also told me he found the second original Hamer PU for it and the back-plate for it. 

Mike has graciously shipped these two items to me for install.

• 2 months later...

Watch for this Blitz to be relisted next week at a new price as it has been completely put back together with both original factory Hamer PU's.  It now needs NOTHING now except a new home!

All the other parts - except knobs - are also factory original to this Hamer.

Hint:  It might also look a bit different . . . . . ;)

• Boomerang~Junkie changed the title to 1983 Hamer Blitz 3X3 with Blitz or Standard Case – RED INTERIOR
1 hour ago, Boomerang~Junkie said:

Travis - it comes back home Monday night from its  "makeover" I'll double check then.  Most all of these 80's Hamer's were on the medium to smaller side for shredding.

Here is a tease of it drying . . . . . .

Blitz Drying - Cropped.jpg

Paging Dave Scepter . . . . . .

😮

Wow...  that paint looks awesome. Can’t wait to see a full frontal shot. 

I’m guessing it’s probably the same or similar neck carve as my ‘83 Vector then. 

Thats going to make someone very, very happy. 

On 2/16/2019 at 2:22 PM, Boomerang~Junkie said:

Here is a tease of it drying . . . . . .

Blitz Drying - Cropped.jpg

Paging Dave Scepter . . . . . .

I love it!.. It's got that sexy fresh out of the shower thing goin on~

Can't wait to see it when it's all put back together...

Oh and I did a genealogy inquiry & traced her ancestry... you might be surprised that she is related to a very famous person... Commissioner Bele 😆M4p9SA8.png

Archived