Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1983 Hamer Blitz 3X3 with Blitz or Standard Case – RED INTERIOR

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Blitz is back home now and ready to head to its new home.

Absent the white speed knobs, it’s all original (Ting can also confirm). 

It was fret-leveled and has a bunch of fret life left.  Plays just like a solid Hog-bodied, Hamer should – pure rock machines that can makes amps cry for mercy.   :lol:

The refinish was on the body only.  The neck had some chips that were touched up, blended and sanded smooth, but the vast majority of the neck and headstock are still factory paint and have never been painted over.  It still shows its factory serial number.  The neck on this is very nice.

The body was completely stripped, sanded, filled, pore filled and shot.  All the coats were sanded and then cleared.  While it turned out very good – but did not turn out perfect.  I’m a recovering perfectionist and want the new owner to be aware of what I noticed with this re-finish.  These are small blems that you have to look for – in the right light. It’s miles better than the rattle can black – but not a perfect, restoration grade refin.

What I noticed:

There is orange peel effect about the size of a dime in two area on the corners of the bouts where the pore filler didn’t work or there wasn’t enough or whatever.

The finish on the body (and neck) could probably stand to be polished more – but I do not have time to mess with that right now.

Things about the guitar that are due to age and/or play wear:

The two shades of blacks – neck VS. body do not match due to the neck being 35 years old. 

The edge of the neck at the fretboard shows wear but is smooth.

I’ve adjusted the sale price down  and am just trying to get back out what I have in this beast.

This Blitz really does look and play fantastic now and will make a stellar player for someone.

Blitz Body 01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pablo,

I've never played a Standard proper, but this is large Mahogany bodied guitar of a very similar shape - maybe more of a working man's Standard.  

It is also my second Blitz - both are great Hamers from the 80's.

This plays exactly like you'd expect a Hamer to play - no issues.

Could someone who has played both please weigh in on this?

Archived