Hamer Fan Club Message Center

19 hours ago, django49 said:

Seriously....How can that NOT be sold?

Because Uncle Sam requires payment in full. At least in my case!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Question: Being solid maple, I imagine it's heavy and also very bright sounding. Gorgeous but how would you describe weight and tone (god, I hate myself for asking Gear Page questions). But I'm thinking of maple guitars I've played, and also what would happen if my Andersons were to sell. Hmm.

I have an all-flame maple body set-neck Chap Custom that I don't really consider bright but more as articulate. One of my favorite things is how even with heavy distortion I can still hear the higher strings ring through the mud when you hit an E chord then hit the top 2 strings to ring out perfecly, just a great blend. ... hopefully that makes sense! They supposedly used big leaf eastern Maple and it's supposed to have different tonal qualities than whatever the other kind is, works for me.

I know it's easy to make fun of questions people ask, but how else are you supposed to know? When I pick up a new guitar to try one of the first things I notice is the weight of it. If, for example, it's a regular strat but it weighs 12 pounds that won't work for me. My Chap weighs 8.8 pounds. Not sure what a mahogany Chap weighs... anyone care to chime in, as I'm curious? I'm guessing maybe mine's 1 pound more, just a guess. 

IMHO, this guitar is worth that price. Where else are you going to get that features list, with Hamer quality, stadium logo etc. Just beautiful. I'm not in the market and haven't been for several years but even I did a double take and start computing what I could sell to get it etc! But, I can't, so someone here get this and keep it in the Club!

1 hour ago, polara said:

Question: Being solid maple, I imagine it's heavy and also very bright sounding. Gorgeous but how would you describe weight and tone (god, I hate myself for asking Gear Page questions). But I'm thinking of maple guitars I've played, and also what would happen if my Andersons were to sell. Hmm.

Both my old Vintage S (a twin to this one but with the bridge humbucker) and my maple bodied set-neck Chaparral could be described as very "Hi-Fi" sounding. Clear and articulate but certainly not shrill.

2 hours ago, polara said:

Big Leaf Maple  has a similar hardness and density to Mahogany. This guitar is by no means shrill.

On-board EQ that actually works  makes it even more versatile.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't play S-type guitars because of the three control knobs interfere with my big, meaty paw. I like that this guitar has only two knobs. She's a looker, alright.

• 3 months later...

Man, if shipping to 🇨🇦 was in the cards, I’d snatch it up in an instant. Womp-womp. 😢 GLWTS.

Archived