Hamer Fan Club Message Center

When I Was A Kid, I Didn't Know This Was Jazz...

crunchee

Johnny B, your post just made me think to look on Spotify for the Album, and lo and behold, I am listening right now.  This will get heavy rotation over the next few weeks.  Thanks.  

ps. Hope I didn't offend your audiophile tastes with the Spotify mention, but it sure is handy sometimes.

On ‎12‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 2:18 PM, crunchee said:

...but I really liked this tune anyway.  A Charlie Brown Christmas was first shown on US TV today, 53 years ago, in 1965.  As far as I know, I was probably one of the kids watching it on TV back then, I'm old enough.  I liked everything about the special, including all of the music on it.  I still do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Charlie_Brown_Christmas

Fun fact: The Wikipedia article above says that Jefferson Airplane was recording next door, when A Charlie Brown Christmas was being recorded in the studio--it doesn't say if the kids' dialogue was being recorded at the time, or something else (i.e., music) was...I suspect it was probably dialogue.

BTW, this song is called Linus And Lucy.  The video looks like it was looped from the special in order to use the whole tune from the soundtrack:

My band in college used a stripped down version of "Linus and Lucy" to introduce the band members towards the end of our set.  Love, love, LOVE this piece!

4 hours ago, geoff_hartwell said:

Check out Danny Gatton’s versions of Linus and Lucy- my fave is from the Live at the Birchmere CD, where he’s playing his custom Tele doubleneck- a reg Tele neck and a Baritone neck!

Twangdemonium!

OK.  You made me look it up. 

Archived