Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Screw spacing Hamer humbuckers

Bacon

Question

Trying to piece back together a Centaura HH, nearly there, but f spaced humbuckers screw spacing is to wide for the threaded inserts. From a cursory google search it appears that regular spaced humbuckers utilize the same base plate (Duncan’s at least, Dimarzios dimensions page appears to be down). I was wondering if anyone knew or could measure the screw spacing on a direct mounted Hamer humbucker?  Alternatively, does anyone have any idea what would have come in an early 1990’s Centaura HH so I could try to buy a set of those?   I am the wrong combination of perfectionist with no skills at all for this sort of thing, it’s frustrating and I hate losing play time to projects I really have no business trying to do. I do love the guitar, it’s my first Hamer and it will be awesome if I ever get to play it. 

Thanks for any and all help!

4 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure Duncan JB/59 were the stock pickups in the Centaura 2HB but memories of the two 2HBs I've owned are faded with age ... many moons ago.

Thanks for the reply, I really have no business working on guitars, I ended up dropping a pickup from the Creamery in, no issues and I simply just bent the tab a few degrees on the norton i put in the neck. In all, it’s back together and it took me 15 or so hours to do a 15 minute job. I now want a gift card to my new luthier for Christmas, I need to leave this stuff to pros and keep my play time. 

I will clean it up and post some pics, you all know it. 

Archived