Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Accept - “Symphonic Terror” - Live at Wacken 2017

zorrow

FYI, this is out and it ROCKS. The guitar tones are the sweetest rock tones I’ve heard in a looooooong time. I’m spinning it furiously on Spotify and already ordered the 2CD/2BluRay package. I love live albums and I love Accept. This band knows how to do it! 🤘

That’s quite a lot of history in one post, actually.

Will listen to it later.

5 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

I saw them at Monsters of Rock in 1984 in Germany. Great show, with Ozzy, VH, Dio, AC/DC, Gary Moore, Y & T and Mötley Crüe.

I saw them in Stockholm in 1984. I was there because Ratt was supposed to be the support act, but they cancelled their European tour. All I remember from the Accept show is that Udo was short and looked kinda like a frog on stage. 😂 Balls to the Wall is still a the coolest homoerotic metal anthem ever written. As a 14 year old I did have a clue, but still sang along happily to the chorus.

2 hours ago, princeofdarkness56 said:

I actually think they are better now than before. The transition to the new singer was seamless and really inspired them. 

^This.

I never cared for Accept until Mark joined the band. BOTN was a PHENOMENAL album that I did not stop playing on repeat for an entire YEAR. Unfortunately, the 3 albums since then have all sounded pretty much the same and fairly one-dimensional - they've gotten worse each time. I finally saw them in NYC last year, which I was excited about. Played a great show. I don't know if I'll get this, though. The whole symphony thing doesn't work for me here. Sort of cheesy and unnecessary.

Archived