Hamer Fan Club Message Center

bright tele

Punkavenger

6 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

My thought exactly

But, as written above, that is only true compared to a 1000k (or higher value) pot.

So, the higher the kOhmage of the volume pot, the brighter the guitar will sound.

Gabe 😀

PA, I was gonna suggest having Aaron at Rumpel wind you a 9.5k Broadcaster type like he made me....best Tele pickup I have ever heard...Still retains some twang but clearly does the thicker rockin’ Keith thing...but no need...send it to Josh for the Lap Steel treatment and rock on!

• 3 weeks later...

News update ....  So since the local luthier retired and only works on celebrities guitars now, I found a guy in town that actually makes strats and teles from scratch. I was going to put the muy grandes in myself as it looked like a simple operation but I wanted a added ground wire as well. Anyway this cat is super cool and rewired the entire thing for me basically for free PLUS put on new strings/set up and just charged the standard rate for changing pickups.  He was so nice I might even buy one of his incredible guitars. He was showing me a FLAME mahogany strat he had made .... I've never seen anything like it. WOW. https://kelleyguitarworks.com/ So yes of course, the Nash tele sounds much better and that tallboy in the neck is STELLER.  The Tele doesn't look quite as vintage now with the massive pole pieces but I'll get over it. RAWK

DSC01496.jpg

Very nice.  My t-52 has a rio grande half breed in the lead position (installed by previous owner). Love it.    Not sure the specs but I play it straight to a Friedman and get a nice ac-dc ish overdrive with it. 

That Tele looks cool with the big pole pieces and the exposed neck pup. 

I’d still take Josh up on his offer just cause you might just LOVE it even more than the Rio, which you can always put back in. 

On 12/16/2018 at 4:37 PM, RobB said:

All the more reason to leave it alone. Vive la difference, mais non?

Agreed 100%.  Why have two of the same guitars which sound the same?

Archived