Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wife owns more Marshalls than me

gorch

This year's birthday present to my wife had been a Marshall. And yes, it is an original. I had the idea to present a bluethooth based standalone speaker system for her mobile as the boys and I couldn't stand the blaring iPhone integrated speaker anymore. At first I had one of these 360° surround sounding speaker systems in mind. It came that I went the old school way and visited a local electronics provider on a Saturday, one of the major chains fighting to survive the Amazon crush.

Spot on in the corridor, I saw the Marshall and wondered what these are. Not only that it looks very familiar to a guitar related bloke, it sounded better than the competitors around and had been fairly priced. Certainly mono, but what would you expect from stereo in a small box really.

My wife loves it and now I seek the times back when it weren't there since it is on heavy use and rocking the house all over. B)

Just kidding. The sound is warm and fat and the Bluetooth connectivity is greatly working. A classic spiraled analog jack connector cable for headphone outs came with it too. It has a pretty large battery inside for mobile use, running it for many hours. The neighbours will also love it, I guess, when the summer is back and it is going to be used in the garden.

44567244960_f5b1fd79b1_h.jpg

So, at times when Kempers and other digitals cannibalize the classic guitar amp market I'm glad they safe at least the emotion. B)

Anyone knew about these, actually?

Yes, Marshall has quite a few versions of bluetooth speakers out... that looks like the Kilburn, then they have the newer version the Kilburn II, the Action, Stockwell flip out, & the Stanmore & Stanmore II in various colors... I saw one at my local Costco and thought about buying one then decided against it at the last second

They had these at Cosco... I bought the Sony they had right next to it.  Actually 2 of them. The Sony was smaller and that was a requirement. I was amazed at the quality of the sound produced by all of them!!

1 hour ago, tbonesullivan said:

I remember the mini fridges that looked like a marshall stack. 

Those are really cool as well~

Check this out at Amazon.com
Marshall MF3.2-NA Medium Capacity Bar Fridge, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074RDQLQ6/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_RARgCb0097BNG

4 hours ago, gorch said:

It came that I went the old school way and visited a local electronics provider on a Saturday, one of the major chains fighting to survive the Amazon crush.

44567244960_f5b1fd79b1_h.jpg

Don't get me started on Amazon. Yes, I shop there mostly out of necessity, but when I shop there, I do so like the drug addict that loathes himself every time he jams the needle in his arm. Honestly, I miss brick and mortar stores that sell things beyond girls' clothes or a cup of coffee, which seem to be the only things you'll find at a mall these days.

I think they are devaluating the brand. They do headphones too. Everyone wears them here on the tube.

My kids think that "Marshall" is a headphone brand. Suddenly playing two 1973 Marshall's does not feel as cool as it used too. Maybe I'll switch to some vintage Laney Klipps, haha.

15 hours ago, Dutchman said:

They had these at Cosco... I bought the Sony they had right next to it.  Actually 2 of them. The Sony was smaller and that was a requirement. I was amazed at the quality of the sound produced by all of them!!

Actually, I chose the Marshall because its more robust as a major requirement.

They're nice. I stayed at some hipster hotel somewhere in Europe last year that had one in each room. It was nice to be able to pop some good music on. I think it's not a bad idea to associate Marshall with high-quality music amplification in all forms. Gateway product to the amps.

We’ve had a couple for years, and they’re great for around the house or at the beach.  Loud and clear, even sending YouTube clips through.

Archived