Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Heard Rats Being Strangled Last Night

Lindsey Stirling played a sold out show in Asheville, NC last night.  She put out a Christmas album this year, and her show was almost entirely Christmas music.  Piers Morgan described her music as sounding like rats being strangled when Lindsey was a contestant on America's Got Talent.  Go to the 4:12 point in this video and you will hear him say it.  Lindsey is getting high ticket prices and filling large venues.  She wins! 

Lindsey hit youtube at just the right time to ride a wave with some well produced videos.  It was a collaboration with Lzzy Hale that caught my attention. 

Never having looked up live videos other than the TV appearances, I had no idea what to expect.  Yeah, there would be dancing around and a big production.  How it would be done was a mystery that would not reveal itself until showtime.  It was great.  Lindsey has a sense of humor.  The dancers put on a choreographed show.  Parts of the show were serious while most of it was all about Christmas. 

Only three musicians were on stage, Lindsey on violin, a keyboard player, and a drummer.  Some of the vocals from the Christmas album were from tracks since they had guest vocals.  Most of the show was instrumental, anyway. 

NEXT YEAR try to see this if you have a house full of kids or a wife that complains about not being taken anywhere.  Trust me. 

Here is the setlist.  Click the first song and let it play through.  Or just watch the videos below.  They make me feel like Christmas. 

5 minutes ago, Stike said:

Piers Morgan is a giant turd. Sorry for the derail.

I'm sure that subject could have a thread of it's own. But it might be hard to find someone to argue the opposing view.

Archived