Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Merry Gretschmas

polara

Got mine from Sweetwater this year.  I put .010 to .052 "skinny top heavy bottom" strings on it.  I think the pickups are Shaw designed.  They are fantastic.  Haven't left it at home one time, when I play out.  And my wife loves it.   

10 hours ago, The Shark said:

Got mine from Sweetwater this year.  I put .010 to .052 "skinny top heavy bottom" strings on it.  I think the pickups are Shaw designed.  They are fantastic.  Haven't left it at home one time, when I play out.  And my wife loves it.   

Yah, those Shaw-designed Broadtron 65s are amazing. I guess some of it is of course due to good, well-constructed in a nearly-hollow way, but dang if they don't sound like the best of Gretsch with the best of a Les Paul.

2 hours ago, polara said:

Yah, those Shaw-designed Broadtron 65s are amazing. I guess some of it is of course due to good, well-constructed in a nearly-hollow way, but dang if they don't sound like the best of Gretsch with the best of a Les Paul.

You're hearin' what I'm hearin'!

This is as close of a Gretsch-for-Christmas experience I've had: 4" X 6" hard plastic 'greeting cards' from the first major collector i interviewed.  And they're, uh, still in mint condition

Bachman Gretschmas.jpg

Archived