Hamer Fan Club Message Center

66 Bands

My list of shows attended during 2018 has 66 different bands.  Four of those bands were seen twice.  The list was trimmed down and alphabetized, and here it is:

Alec Benjamin
Alice Cooper
American Dropouts
Angel Vivaldi
Arielle
Aubrey Logan
Beastö Blancö
Bending Fate
Beyond The Fade
BONES
Bowling for Soup
Budderside
Charlie Daniels Band
Cheap Trick
Cloven Hoof
Dead Posey
Deep Purple
Dixie Duncan
Eric Johnson
Ghost
Great White
Jacky Vincent
Jay & The Americans
John 5 and the Creatures
Judas Priest
Kansas
Kickin' Valentina
Kosha Dillz
Kyle Nicolaides    
L.A. Guns
Lifecurse
Lindsey Stirling
Mark Mackay
Marshall Tucker Band
Michael King & Freddie Vanderford
Nita Strauss
Not UR Girlfrenz
Osmium 76
Palaye Royale
Poison
Pop Evil
Public Image Ltd
Skinn Jakkitt
Station
Still Warning
Stryper
Ted Nugent
Temptation's Wings
The Brandon Gibbs Band
The Buddz
The Classics IV
The Dixie Dregs    
The Eric Scott Band
The Glenn Miller Orchestra
The Haunt: Anastasia Max
The Hawthornes
The Joel Kosche Band
The Ryan Roxie Band
The Tams
The Temperance Movement
The Whiskey Gentry
Three Dog Night
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Travis Tritt
Wishbone Ash
Zebra   

Now for the standouts... 

I saw one of the first shows of the Dixie Dregs reunion tour and the final show of that tour.  There were some bands that played stadiums with songs we all know while giant light rigs moving through the air to make memorable experiences.  It felt great to see some of those shows, but the Dregs just played music on an undecorated stage with basic lighting.  I could not have felt better after seeing each of those Dregs shows. 

Ghost was at a peak when their tour started early this year.  It felt like it was the tour to see at the time. 

Not UR Girlfrenz may or may not go anywhere, but seeing those kids going for it when they opened for Bowling For Soup was what rock and roll should be.  The drummer has a future in music if this band ever breaks up.

There are some bands you remember but forget how good they were.  Getting reintroduced to Stryper was like discovering a new heavy metal band.  "Oh, yeah..."  Going through their old songs and the equally good new material was a wake up call to go through some old metal.  Stryper was better than I remembered.

As I type this I am still caught up in having seen Lindsey Stirling. 

The best discovery of the year was Aubrey Logan.  She is loaded with talent, and she is noticed by people in the jazz world.  Post Modern Jukebox has not been my thing which is why I did not know Aubrey Logan had performed with them.  She toured as part of Dave Koz' band this summer, but I would not pay for one of those high dollar Kenny G tickets just to see her play with Koz.  Aubrey did a solo show in Spindale, NC that I just had to see.  It was because of an odd looking photo promoting the show that I looked up her videos... over and over. 

What did you think of The Temperance Movement? I’ve been waiting for them to make a return to Boston. I thought they were great when I saw them in an opening slot a couple years ago.

What I thought of the Temperance Movement:

The Temperance Movement was a band that had to be "researched" prior to the show because I never heard of them.  They sounded like a good choice to open for Deep Purple, not necessarily Judas Priest.  The singer was the show.  He stood out front contorting himself for each lyric he sang.  The guy felt every word.  The guitar players were not moving around which made them seem like a backing band for the singer, but they were billed as a band.  They would have been kings in the 70s. 

It would be nice to see them again.

Major BONES fan here.  Absolute proof girls can play guitar.

Palaye Royale gets a nod as well- have seen them on their last three jaunts thru America (including this last run with BONES opening).  Three great lads, with a love for the old timey days.

Archived