Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Valvetech Appreciation Thread

gorch

In case you don’t know what it all got, this guy explains it to you. Thought he’s doing it just nicely and qualifies the HFC way.

26 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

I will have one, I would have prefered the 2x10 but a 1x12 will do. I have an amp coming up for sale and then i'll start looking around for one. 

Superb amps. If I still needed an amp for a band-with-drummer situation it would be my top choice.

Thanks to @bubs_42 heads up I turned the thread into a Valvetech Appreciation Thread. I know @belgian has a great collection of them. Need to provide a pic of mine now... It’s a shame the VAC series is not in the program anymore.

So now, showcase yours!

• 5 months later...
On 12/28/2018 at 6:24 AM, bubs_42 said:

I will have one, I would have prefered the 2x10 but a 1x12 will do. I have an amp coming up for sale and then i'll start looking around for one. 

I almost came out the Family Vacation without any purchase. Not that I didn't try, but something has to be really freaking good for me to pull out my wallet. Cincinnati yielded nothing, that I could not live with out. Columbus, was a bore this time around. Then I got to Indy, our last stop and we went by a GC to check out a couple of guitars that I haven't been able to actually put my hands on, and to look at a Supro, and what did I find in the Platinum Room? 

A tweed, 2x10 with reverb. Rob teased me with one just like it at the Nashville Gear Expo some years back. I though it was amazing, but it was unavailable for purchase. :( So I sat down, plugged strat, a tele, and a Special into it and it was every bit as good as the one at the Gear Expo. 

Wife to Bubs,  "Hows it going?"

Bubs to Wife, " Great, i'm taking this home!".

Wife to Bubs, "Really you need another amp?"

Bubs to Wife, "Not another amp THIS amp.

Wife to Bubs, "Oooooh K. " with an eye roll. 

@gorch bonus, rear loaded chassis. My controls are on top! Also loaded with two Rajin Cajin Speakers. 

6FbFUDZl.jpg
XvWHEdFl.jpg

@0054 25, Serial #510. I wouldn't call it a Fender and a Marshall. Its a really kick ass tweed so your in the Tweed/Plexi area to begin with. Once I read the manual, I thought it was pretty easy, I run it in Top Input #2, both volumes at like 10:30-11 O'clock an bring the master up until desired volume is achieved. I turned the presence off, and then rolled it up slightly. Same with the reverb. Another amp that you don't really need a pedal with it. 

Why did I buy yet another amp? Well, I really love Rob's Amplifiers, the VAC IMHO just needed a "Make Over" and a "ReIntroduction" to the Market. Rob did everything to these amps, he made the chassis, wired them, made the cabs all himself. I consider them to be real treasure and he could not be nicer guy. 

2 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

Another amp that you don't really need a pedal with it.

Absolutely true! However, it‘s reportedly excellent with pedals. Great score Bubs! I‘m actually happy for the front loaded controls for dust management. When I look at my Vox. It is quite hard to keep clean.

The VAC25 is very hard to beat. Rob made a fantastic job on these and it is a shame they are out of production. Somewhere I still have the upgrade schema in the files. Would be a great project. I remember Belgian had made the upgrade right after we got it. 

Enjoy yours!

Btw. I’m running mine through hemp.

Archived