Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I NEED TO CHOOSE or WHAT WOULD YOU SELL

rugby1970

15 hours ago, mudshark said:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac sodium topical gel) is a topical gel nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat pain of osteoarthritis of joints that are amenable to topical treatment, such the hands and knees.

So, this is a topical gel?

On 12/30/2018 at 10:56 PM, mudshark said:

I''m experiencing some of the same problems, from age, from various injuries through the years  (I've broken most of my fingers through the years), and from Dupuytren's contracture on the ring finger of the left hand. This stuff has really helped me, and you might consider talking to your doctor about it; the generic is inexpensive:

Voltaren Gel (diclofenac sodium topical gel) is a topical gel nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to treat pain of osteoarthritis of joints that are amenable to topical treatment, such the hands and knees.

Also, I've started playing lap steel, a big plus when it comes to playing comfort.

Mudshark, that is a very interesting possible solution and something I'll take up with my doctor. Thank you. Sorry to hear about your affliction!

I've read all of the comments and taken them all to heart. I played all of my Hamers again and the Talladega seems one that will be a keeper; the soft V neck helps. Still undecided about most of the others.

My Taylor acoustic is definitely on the way out. I'm looking for an acoustic with a friendlier neck. Has anyone ever played a Zager?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2018 at 11:37 AM, Jakeboy said:

This is what I need to do. Get rid of my Fender, partscaster, Peavey, And one Hamer to fund another killer Shish.

Rugby, If I we’re you, I’d sell the Hamers to fund a Shishkov. Then I’d mail Mike the Tele neck and tell him that is what I need neck-wise, to be able to play. I am certain he’d accommodate with a ridiculously great guitar that you are able to play easily.

This is the way I'm going. Pretty sure the Tally will stay. Maybe the Artist Custom. All others are up for grabs.

Thanks to all for the opinions!

On 1/2/2019 at 4:36 PM, rugby1970 said:

My Taylor acoustic is definitely on the way out. I'm looking for an acoustic with a friendlier neck. Has anyone ever played a Zager?

No Zaggers...  but if you like the Soft V necks check out a Santa Cruz pre war. Mine has a soft V neck. They sound incredible too.  Big balanced dread sound!!

You can do an awful lot with a good Tele, especially if you have a versatile tube amp. I would get rid of everything you can't play. And I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles; you're right - you should be able to just chill and play 'em all once you retire.

On 1/2/2019 at 2:36 PM, rugby1970 said:

...My Taylor acoustic is definitely on the way out. I'm looking for an acoustic with a friendlier neck. Has anyone ever played a Zager?

My dad has one. It does play easy... but it came equipped with such light strings that anything would play easy. You could get much the same effect with a set of 9s on your Taylor. Doesn't seem to be a bad guitar, I just don't think they're doing anything particularly magical to make them playable. I much prefer my Taylor, but I don't like strings that light. Then again, I'm in my early 40s and I've definitely given my hands some blue collar abuse... ask me again after I hit retirement age!

8 hours ago, Marvelicious said:

My dad has one. It does play easy... but it came equipped with such light strings that anything would play easy. You could get much the same effect with a set of 9s on your Taylor. Doesn't seem to be a bad guitar, I just don't think they're doing anything particularly magical to make them playable. I much prefer my Taylor, but I don't like strings that light. Then again, I'm in my early 40s and I've definitely given my hands some blue collar abuse... ask me again after I hit retirement age!

Very insightful, thanks. I wound up buying an Alvarez Yairi, 1-3/4" at the nut and a hand friendly neck profile. I've started drinking an anti-inflammatory tea blend and using Boading balls. We'll see.

Archived