Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB - Schecter Van nuys

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have always wanted one too, ever since they first came out...! And I always wanted a Black one..

There was a nice ‘80’s PT on Reverb/eBay last month. I contacted the seller to try and work out a deal with him but unfortunately I wasn’t successful. Killer guitars. Good luck in your search!

been thinking about it.  can i ask where you sourced your parts?  usage etc or?  thanks

also thinking about a name.  Stedgester?  Hunster?  Dumpsterfire? Bluester (this one must already exist - if not I claim it)? Whoster?  Meh, that is the hardest part.

10 minutes ago, stedge said:

been thinking about it.  can i ask where you sourced your parts?  usage etc or?  thanks
also thinking about a name.  Stedgester?  Hunster?  Dumpsterfire? Bluester (this one must already exist - if not I claim it)? Whoster?  Meh, that is the hardest part.

The wood is all Warmoth and the pickups are Rio Grande. Sperzel and All Parts hardware.
The name's a tough one. @cmatthes provided the name for mine.

A rare flash of brilliance...

17 minutes ago, stedge said:

Sphincter is a classic

Yes, that's a good one. SCHRECTUM is another good one.

Buncha grown men still laughing at poop and fart jokes... lol

8 hours ago, The Shark said:

"Schectar"

8 hours ago, stedge said:

Schectoo?

schectim?

scheisster?

one can go on

3 hours ago, stedge said:

All that said, I am still looking....  

'Shittersfull'?   You can juggle the letters around or leave a few out, still everybody would know what it's referring to:

I had a real-deal black one back in the '80s. Loved that guitar, but for some stupid reason I sold it.  25 years down the road, I missed it, so I built one out of a MIK Schecter body and a Fender MIM neck.  Right now it says "Fender" on the headstock, but I have another MIM neck that somebody stripped and ambered.  I'm thinking about putting a Schecter decal on it and swapping necks.

The goldtop, sitting between its sisters:

r4fuqMX.jpg

The inspriation from long ago:

5IRKr2O.jpg

Archived