Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I leaked this in the "What did you get yourself for Christmas" thread. But truth is, it probably should be in the "Knee jerk reaction to the Dr. visit" thread.

I went for my annual last week and she said I was good to go for another year. But when we talked about my fret hand arthritis getting worse and that there are days when it just cramps up into a claw. She said "Enjoy it while you can."

The next morning crunchee posted some thread links to Dave's Guitar. Three nice Hamers. 1 was  my holy grail Hamer! I didn't wait. I've seen how fast they can go when they show up at Dave's.

I've wanted one of these ever since I saw one on eBay Germany a few years ago. Beautiful but out of my reach. This one was closer. So while I can still play it. I bought it!

I posted a picture in the "Longest night of the year" thread to show I really do have it. If you like bad pictures of nice guitars you can see it here.https://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/84027-the-longest-night-of-the-year/

Dave's pictures:

Newpport 12_1.jpgNewpport 12_2 - Copy.jpgNewpport 12_3 - Copy.jpgNewpport 12_5 - Copy.jpg

• Like 17

That is a fantastic guitar in every way, you did really good on that buy.....................I saw it while I was on vacation and I REALLY thought about buying it but then common sense kicked in and I knew I didn't need another guitar as I'm going to let some of mine go at some point soon.STILL as a instrument and a want to own this one would be at the top of my want list as I love twelve string guitar...................electrics just sound so good. Congrats! Not only beautiful I'll bet it sounds wonderful!:wub::)

Edited by ARM OF HAMER
  • Like 1

What a beautiful guitar! Congrats Doug! Here’s some good vibes hoping you’ll enjoy it for many, many years!

12s are so much fun and become addictive....it seems I find a use for it on every new song I write.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. What a guitar! I think there's a thread around somewhere that explains judging the quality of an instrument by counting the number of Birdseye's per square inch. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it. But I can say that it is mesmerizing to look at. I know there are better out there, but this is easily the prettiest Hamer I've owned.

And the sound it makes is...enchanting. Maybe. Something. It just entices me to play chords I wouldn't normally use. And makes them sound awesome! It's also more than a bit intimidating. Just tuning it was daunting. But I think I'm fairly close now. I find it much easier to get a bunch of bad sounds than to get one really clean perfect chord. But I am enjoying that my hand is working pretty well today and I can make chords at all.

I am fortunate that I am able to spend some time with this one.

:D

• Like 7

Super cool and a beauty. Congrats!

Bummer about the hand, for sure. So keep rocking while you’ve got ‘em!

• Like 1

12 strings of rockin beauty!! You gotta give us an idea of how it plays and sounds !!!

• Like 1

Backup dibs behind Thundersteel! Enjoy it, what a beauty! Wishing you the best of luck and health!

• Like 1