Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My Shishkov DC Custom & Gravelin pickups demo

This was a long time in the making. Numerous health problems set me back something awful (my recent health has been a heck of a lot better FWIW).

Crazy good guitar... the neck and hand blended heel are really something special. The carving, inlays and finish alone are works of art... and the pickups?!? Josh is a genius.

Gravelin pickups are every bit as good as anything that comes out of the Seymour Duncan Custom Shop. The man has a deep knowledge of nearly every make and model of pickup that has been released since Seth Lover's patent.

Mike's finish has so much depth to it, that one can almost get lost in it's virtually bottomless expanse.

No covers, all the music is original... that said, I did include a sort of interpretation of the jazz standard "Misty" but the guitar arrangement is all my own.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a really good video, from the choice of black clothes to the lighting to the fact you didn't do all high-gain, and really did a lot of different things that highlight the sound of the guitar.

9 hours ago, The Shark said:

Glad to hear your health has improved.  The video is great.  But, like seeing Jeff Beck, I want to sell all my shit and just leave the guitar playin' to guys like you!

That is no shit! Time to get the fireplace started. 

A most excellent production in every way. 

In. Every. Way.

You definitely should be doing this for a living, Zen....best in the biz. Just like Shishkov.

Oh, And I second Bubs recommendation for the T-shirt idea based upon the image at 8 minutes. 

Missed these videos all year. Eventually, it showed up last minute. What a showcase - guitar, pickups, sound, directorship and profession!

Your videos rule the genre!

Very very impressive playing. I'll second the comments about showcasing the tones from the pups.  The video does a great job showcasing the aesthetics of that DC design and how the woods/finish all come together to make a beautiful instrument.  Well done all around.

Geoff, you're so talented and could probably make a cast iron skillet sound good but this is just over-the-top excellent all the way around. Your playing offers a very realistic and wide scope of field in terms of natural tone, shows off how dynamic and touch-sensitive the instrument is, shows all the shiny perfect goodness that is every Shishkov guitar, and your playing is killer too...

Pro job. Best instrument company demo I've seen.

Thank you!

Josh Gravelin/Team Shishkov

Archived