Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My Shishkov DC Custom & Gravelin pickups demo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geoff.

Dude..

Killer.

Great clip. Always loved your demo clips. This one is especially interesting, since you did play with less gain and in a quite "jazzy" way. That is  what I do myself, but with your talent you can play cirlces around me. Nice demo of the pickups, guitar and your playing. Nice recording too. May I ask how your recording process looks like?

Glad to hear your health is better Geoff, been missing you here. That is one heavy video. So great in every way. The clear photo, the lightning set up (very nice indeed), the sound recording, THE PLAYING, the composition. Just WOW! Love i! 

I'd love me one of those guitars. Your photo work makes the guitar stand out in every way!

I don't have the lettuce to buy a new guitar, but if I did, that'd be it. Dude, you make the best videos, and to see you demoing this guitar is just the best of both worlds, especially for us Hamer nerds on the HFC. Great jobs as always!. I hope the New Years treats both you and the Shishkov line well.

Geoff,

Let me try to figure out a way to say this about your insane talents and Mr. Shishkov’s mad skils . . . . .

HOLY CRAP and HOLY CRAP ! !

I watched this two times back to back – unreal.  Very classy, first rate - visually and sonically.  I really like the person (you) being subdued out of the video and the guitar, hands and awesome tones being the sole focus. 

The intro with the raised Shishkov logo with shadowing over the leather was awesome.  I like the no B.S. nature of the demo.   As usual the playing is exceptional and focuses on how the instrument can perform - in the right hands (and not mine).  :D

I’m glad to see you are healthy – we miss your here.  You are clearly at the top of your or anyone else’s game – damn

Geoff - in my humble opinion, you are exactly where you are supposed to be.

Mike - another exceptional guitar - congrats.

Happy New Year.

Geoff, I can't thank you enough for all of the work you did on this and I’m blown away by how it turned out! It was fantastic working with you on this project and I love the overall composition and how the parts fit together.  

It’s generally me taking what you guys say and running with it during a build, so it was really fun to be on the opposite side this time.   While Geoff was working on the demo, he would send me short videos and sound clips but I didn’t see the whole thing put together until it was posted here  -  guess I got a taste of my own medicine so to speak, 😂 

Rock On!

Mike

On 12/31/2018 at 8:41 PM, JGravelin said:

Geoff, you're so talented and could probably make a cast iron skillet sound good but this is just over-the-top excellent all the way around. Your playing offers a very realistic and wide scope of field in terms of natural tone, shows off how dynamic and touch-sensitive the instrument is, shows all the shiny perfect goodness that is every Shishkov guitar, and your playing is killer too...

Pro job. Best instrument company demo I've seen.

Thank you!

Josh Gravelin/Team Shishkov

Sorry for the derail but that's easy. Just add some hot fat and some seasoned/floured chicken pieces, music to my ears anyway.😄

Also, Geoff is damn good.

There are, literally, thousands of guitar/pickup demos posted on the interwebs. Many are quite poorly conceived and executed, a fair number are mediocre, and a scant few are brilliant. I place Andy's/PGS' and Geoff's in the "brilliant" category. 

Nicely done, lad.

Fantastic playing - sounds great. And Mike and Josh's work continues to amaze.

Mike hasn't started my DC yet, but now I think I'm gonna have to add that coil-split option. 😏

2 hours ago, Dana_V said:

Fantastic playing - sounds great. And Mike and Josh's work continues to amaze.

Mike hasn't started my DC yet, but now I think I'm gonna have to add that coil-split option. 😏

A great option. I was very impressed.

Archived