Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Just took a picture of my two Vectors... —the Vector appreciation thread

zorrow

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

Damn you guys are killing me, I really miss my Vector and I've never owned an 80's Vector. I would love to have a pointy head non trem Vector. 

Like my brother’s custom 88, like in the pics below? 😏 You know, boomers, stadium logo, sustainblock bridge... you name it!

AE6D6EF9-603E-4E03-B345-095F16DA9F06.jpeg

B28A6E35-2E0A-4919-A757-ECB24A53314C.jpeg

3DD13FF0-3BCF-4E49-81AF-A8D04A186D4F.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

ISpy what appears to be a import and a early 80's Sustain trem Vector 😎t7T1HYK.jpg

The one below. It’s an 84. Probably that’s the guitar I miss the most from those I’ve ever sold. Its tone was AWESOME and it had the chunkiest neck I’ve ever seen on a Vector, not to mention it was totally unmolested and that I even had the sustainblock trem bar —though I never used the trem at all, as sustainblock trems are just useless. 

ETA: Yes, the other one was an import, one of the early Korean models. It’s long gone. And BTW, @Dave Scepter, do you notice the BBE pedal in the pic below? 😉

593B7139-D236-4CEB-9720-EECDAD420059.jpeg

12 minutes ago, zorrow said:

@Dave Scepter, do you notice the BBE pedal in the pic below? 😉

593B7139-D236-4CEB-9720-EECDAD420059.jpeg

Ah yes~ I do now! 😉

BTW that's a beautiful blue burst Vector... these are so very underrated guitars, and by now the mahogany has aged making them extremely resonant tone monsters!

57 minutes ago, 0054 said:

I love those 3 to a side sustain block vectors... to me they look soo cool!

Me too! If I ever get one, that’s what it will be.

Gone but not forgotten. 4 digit #0415. Traded it away in 1986 like a Fool.

hamvee1.jpg

hamvee2.jpg

Story of what it was and where it came from are legend and I kick myself regularly over this one that got away. Last seen in Jacksonville, Fl in 1994 with a Floyd in it. :blink:

1 hour ago, BTMN said:

Gone but not forgotten. 4 digit #0415. Traded it away in 1986 like a Fool.

hamvee1.jpg

hamvee2.jpg

Story of what it was and where it came from are legend and I kick myself regularly over this one that got away. Last seen in Jacksonville, Fl in 1994 with a Floyd in it. :blink:

WOW! That’s the only other 67-based Vector that I’ve ever seen. I actually thought my Schenker was the sole which existed. Can you please share with us the entire story? Please? 🥺

I am really enjoying this thread. Thanks zorrow.

But I won't post pictures of my Vector here. Some of you are already pointing fingers and laughing at me.

But someday she will be a swan!

I sure am digging the paint ideas. Thanks again z.

17 minutes ago, Hbom said:

But I won't post pictures of my Vector here. Some of you are already pointing fingers and laughing at me.

Thanks to you! But now I’m really intrigued about your Vector... 😏

28 minutes ago, Hbom said:

I had you in mine in hopes of getting some finishing ideas for your vector~

Found two other old pictures:

Here’s one more of my daughter mocking at me with the 80’s flametop Vector I used to own, plus a picture of the sole KK I’ve ever owned —and played. Both guitars are long gone.

BTW, I moved the KK because its neck was unbearably thin to my tastes. In addition, I always perceived its tone as dull. I don’t know whether it was its lack of mass, or maybe the bulky Kahler which sucked up all the vibrations. Fact is, somehow that cute little guitar and I never bonded. I ended up selling it to a guy in South Florida who was a good luthier, but a quite unlikeable individual as well —he was chased from the HFC at a given moment. Sometimes I do think about that guitar, but essentially I have no regrets. It’s like a high school girlfriend who was hot as heck, but with whom sex never actually worked. 😏

4BE9A935-6937-4D83-843C-5BDC0B6FAAB4.jpeg

B64630E2-0D73-4C6F-B914-F56309410F9D.jpeg

28 minutes ago, zorrow said:

I moved the KK because its neck was insupportably thin to my tastes.

The KK Vectors are my favorite neck profiles out of the entire Hamer line... very comparable to my old Charvel San Dimas Strat & Jackson Rhoads necks... you look like you have big strong manly hands as opposed to my little frail girly hands 👸also not a big fan of the Kahler either... I am extremely fortunate to own one that came with a TOM Bridge & is tied with my Scepter as my number 1 guitar... 😆

4 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

The KK Vectors are my favorite neck profiles out of the entire Hamer line... very comparable to my old Charvel San Dimas Strat & Jackson Rhoads necks... you look like you have big strong manly hands as opposed to my little frail girly hands 👸also not a big fan of the Kahler either... I am extremely fortunate to own one that came with a TOM Bridge & is tied with my Scepter as my number 1 guitar... 😆

My palms are quite ample, yes, but I’m not that big. I just happen to like the feel of a big round neck. As of my strength goes, well... I practice and teach karate. It’s certainly manly enough, but I think I’ve developed some arthritis because of so many years of striking hard and doing makiwara. I even used to like thick string gauges, but now I’m slowly moving to 9-42 because my hands and fingers hurt. I even purchased two sets of 8-38. I might end up putting them in my “to go” guitars. In short, everything takes its toll in one’s life. 😕

BTW, you haven’t posted any pictures of your Vectors. I do love the look of the KK... and of all the others! 🙂

44 minutes ago, 0054 said:

That thing, it's beautiful! I can't believe you got rid of it, or rather you put all that good hard work into it, knowing  your issues with 24.75.... Stellar, always a top refin in my mind!

It's a gorgeous testimony to some classic f*ckstickery on my part, to be sure.  :P

Funny thing is, I didn't know it was 24.75" scale. I've read and re-read the correspondence(s) leading up to it's purchase wherein it was said to be 25.5"  and I'm going to chalk it up to some corn-fusion, along with a lil' psychosomatic conditioning and some over-enthusiasm that led to my believing that it was. But scale length doesn't lie. In time, it became painfully apparent that it was not Fender scale. That's on me. I should've caught that right outta the case. For that, I awarded myself the Dumbass Trophy.

1 hour ago, zorrow said:

I even purchased two sets of 8-38. I might end up putting them in my “to go” guitars. In short, everything takes its toll in one’s life. 😕

you and the reverend...

https://www.guitarworld.com/gw-archive/dear-guitar-hero-zz-tops-billy-gibbons-talks-pinch-harmonics-gear-setup-strings-and-more

Coincidentally, there’s an 85 Vector on Reverb which might need to get un-Kahlered and some extra love, but that some of you here might still like —no affiliation:

https://reverb.com/item/17331063-hamer-vector-usa-1985

A7AB45C6-0511-4489-A9A6-88D8A732ECC4.jpeg

I've been watching that one, but its too much $$ to start a project. It would be perfect without the whammy. I may have to move a couple things and start the hunt, but then again, I have two more Shishkovs coming down the line. 

1 minute ago, Dave Scepter said:

Canada/Rosewood/CITES

Fudge... Bummer! 😒👎

Archived