Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Just took a picture of my two Vectors... —the Vector appreciation thread

zorrow

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for starting this thread Zorro, I for one really appreciate it and would love to see even more members come out from the shadows & post pics of their Vectors... I don't care if they have broken necks, no paint, ugly paint in various stages of completion or whatever. ..C'mon let's see them! 😆

On 1/6/2019 at 4:02 AM, BTMN said:

Gone but not forgotten. 4 digit #0415. Traded it away in 1986 like a Fool.

hamvee1.jpgStory of what it was and where it came from are legend and I kick myself regularly over this one that got away. Last seen in Jacksonville, Fl in 1994 with a Floyd in it. :blink:

Yup yup, I'd have to agree with Zorro, a rare bird indeed... I too would love to hear the story~

Thanks for sharing, too bad about the Floyd mod

B/W one was made for Michael Schencker who gave it to Dave Hlubek who pawned it at Ralph's Pawn Shop in Jacksonville, Fl. Summer 1982 and never came back to get it. I put on 60 day layaway in October '82 the day it came out of pawn. Traded it for an amp in 1986 just cause I could I guess, cause I have no valid reason it happened beyond that. :blink:

On 1/6/2019 at 1:02 AM, GuitarGuy65 said:

I got this one from SVL a few years ago, and it makes an appearance every now and then... 😉  I love the neck on it and it's super clean for an '81 and all-original! 👍

1981 Hamer Vector 2.jpg

That’s a stunner right there. Classic look, but built to Rawk. Love it.

Wow! That’s a pretty sharp thread over here. It would make a great Vector Appreciation Thread. I don’t think we have one, do we?

1 hour ago, gorch said:

Wow! That’s a pretty sharp thread over here. It would make a great Vector Appreciation Thread. I don’t think we have one, do we?

Now we do! 😎

7 hours ago, BTMN said:

2004 Vector call this one Lucky.

112512f.jpg

I know this is purely rhetoric, but I call dibs on it —well, this is actually a reminder, as I’ve called dibs on this one countless times, of course. 😜 

7 hours ago, BTMN said:

B/W one was made for Michael Schencker who gave it to Dave Hlubek who pawned it at Ralph's Pawn Shop in Jacksonville, Fl. Summer 1982 and never came back to get it. I put on 60 day layaway in October '82 the day it came out of pawn. Traded it for an amp in 1986 just cause I could I guess, cause I have no valid reason it happened beyond that. :blink:

Maybe one day it will be resuscitated by one of us here, who knows? But sad story, indeed —plus the fact it ended up floyded. 😞

38 minutes ago, cornjulio said:

The V according to Mike Shishkov🤠  ...and I fully agree 😉

Shishkov V80.jpg

Almost like in my dreams! 😉 What are those inlays?

Cheers! It's a cat's head and some fishbones. They are based on linocuts I had printed and Mike managed to turn them into inlays (amazing!!!).

My DIY label is called evil river records for the occasional music I put out (is based on a mistranslation of my last name) my idea was to imagine the neck as as a flowing river (dead fish and one hungry cat 😉)

Goes well with the blueburst me thinks...

Really beefy neck which I had asked for when trying a couple of different necks at Mike's place before my guitar was built. It took some time to get used to but now I wouldn't want to miss it. The neck pickup is splitable which gives me some very intersting options soundwise. Best guitar I ever owned.

4 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

lIdovCp.jpg

wmFphe1.jpg

Lightweight & resonant as hell! 😈 🤘

Almost like in my dreams too —and I say “almost” because I bet the neck is on the thinner side; if it had a chunky neck, it would be just the perfect rock machine for me. 😉

• 2 weeks later...

Archived