Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTH... USED Gary Moore Hamer Hollow body

Maybe whoever posts guitar listings for that GC store likes to drop names, to get buyers to look...I see nothing else in the listing that would indicate anything more than that.  It reminds me of the early days of Ebay, when people would try to tack on any search word they could think of, in order to get prospective buyers to look at the listing...regardless of whether the search word actually had anything to do with the item for sale or not.  Sometimes you can still find listings like that on Ebay, some sellers just don't get it that buyers aren't that gullible anymore.

I actually want the guitar.  What's it worth.  Does anyone know anything about Echotone's.  I think Hamer made a few different series of these.  Is this one China, Indonesia, or Korea?  

Not sure where this one's from, but I had a Korean one for a number of years and (aside from the tuners) it was a great guitar for the money. Even the pickups were good - thru the right amp. I eventually swapped them out for some GFS Gretsch-types and that combo worked really well.

23 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

Ah, man, I can't join in on these because GC website tells me I'm not allowed to see their pages as I'm not in the US :( Some kind of bullshit pretend GDPR reason apparently!

Can anyone screenshot it?

+1

11 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Could be worse. They could be sitting on a Heritage Gary Moore signature model. 

That one is sitting safely in Brent's man cave.

Will turn up on TGP or MLPF, exclusively.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:11 AM, Camstone said:

Different Gary Moore. The Gary Moore that owned this Echotone works in the meat department at the Knoxville Walmart. 🤪

Anybody remember the Seinfeld episode where George buys a car owned by John Voight thinking it was Jon Voight the actor? 

Here is Gary Moore with another Hamer...!

Gary Moore and Hamer.jpg

And John Lennon...!

John Lennon and Hamer.jpg

Archived