Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Light up Side Marker Dot's

HAMERMAN

Question

I am camping later in the month and would like to make my bass easier to play in the dark. Does anybody remember who makes the gizmo that sticks onto the side of the neck and lights up at the side marker dot positions? It may have used only one light source and then a plastic light pipe that stuck to the side of the neck. It was $30 or something like that.

I have found the stuff by Fretlord and it's all too expensive for a one time use. I have seen the stick on dots but those seem to get slammed for not really working.

I don't want to spend any more that $25 or so because I still plan on installing Luminlay dots. I just didn't plan well and didn't order any in time for them to get here from Japan so now I have to come up with a plan B. Any ideas are welcome.

3 answers to this question

Are you playing by yourself or with people when you go camping?  You should be able to play with your eyes closed if you have been playing for a while.  If you are by yourself you should not have to worry about mistakes.  If you are playing with people, take a chance and play by feel. 

Archived