Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA-Roxy Guitar on Reverb Discounted Hamers

35 minutes ago, atomicwash said:

I suggest you call and talk to Lou. I’ve purchased there before.

According to their website, they're only open on Tuesdays and Saturdays.  ???  And on every Hamer they have listed, it says "Not available."  ???

57 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I wouldn't screw around for a few bucks on a new Hamer.

They countered my offer by reducing their initial price by $50, and told me that is their bottom-line price.

The description is incorrect, though. It lists the Studio Custom as a 2010, though the serial number shows it as a 2007. Also, it lists the color a Natural, though from the pictures, it looks like Aztec Gold. Not a big deal, I guess. 

EDIT: I pulled the trigger on the Studio Custom. I'm still keeping my aforementioned appendages crossed!

I bought my NOS Chambered Standard from them.  Be sure to inquire regarding the Certificate - it is my understanding that those were removed from the guitars and 'stored' in a safe on-premises, I think mine is still 'there' somewhere.  I didn't receive it from the sale.

It's more expensive because it's a really rare "Dual Tone"...

:D

On 1/16/2019 at 10:38 AM, atomicwash said:

I suggest you call and talk to Lou. I’ve purchased there before.

When I first started on this forum, Roxy had the exact guitar I was looking for and of course at that time you could still haggle on a Hamer.  I called and attempted to talk to Lou but got so frustrated with him hemming and hawing and putting me on hold I gave up.  I'll bet I was on the phone with him 20 minutes and never got a price.  I came away from that thinking there was seriously wrong with him mentally.  I haven't thought about it in years and then I saw this post.  I can't believe they're still in business.

7 hours ago, tommy p said:

When I first started on this forum, Roxy had the exact guitar I was looking for and of course at that time you could still haggle on a Hamer.  I called and attempted to talk to Lou but got so frustrated with him hemming and hawing and putting me on hold I gave up.  I'll bet I was on the phone with him 20 minutes and never got a price.  I came away from that thinking there was seriously wrong with him mentally.  I haven't thought about it in years and then I saw this post.  I can't believe they're still in business.

Nothing about it sounds as though it is a viable business where a living is earned.  I've seen many businesses that lose money, they  only remain open because some relative continuously pumps money in to keep the lights on.  

1 hour ago, Studio Custom said:

Nothing about it sounds as though it is a viable business where a living is earned.  I've seen many businesses that lose money, they  only remain open because some relative continuously pumps money in to keep the lights on.  

I messaged them a couple times via Reverb, and never heard back from them. I called their store during the hours they said they would be open; no one answered. I called Lou (his cell # is on the website), and talked to him for a couple minutes; seemed like a nice guy. I asked about the CoA, and was told during Hamer's last days, that only some guitars were shipped with them.

I paid for the Studio Custom on the 16th, and Reverb shows it hasn't been shipped yet as of today (19th). Definitely not a stellar business model!

10 minutes ago, Thundersteel said:

I paid for the Studio Custom on the 16th, and Reverb shows it hasn't been shipped yet as of today (19th). Definitely not a stellar business model!

It's already 19th?? How long was I sleeping?

On 1/17/2019 at 2:27 PM, bubs_42 said:

Two grand for the B&C Custom is a reach I think (as well as a dicey seller), but Hey, a grand for a 3-hole flat top even from GC is totally decent!

7 hours ago, geoff_hartwell said:

Two grand for the B&C Custom is a reach I think (as well as a dicey seller), but Hey, a grand for a 3-hole flat top even from GC is totally decent!

The Dualtone will be my next purchase if I buy another Hamer. I just cannot decide if I want a Custom or a 3 Hole. 

27 minutes ago, Thundersteel said:

OK, it IS the 19th today, and it hasn't shipped yet.  🤐  He said it was boxed up, and will drop it off at FedEx tomorrow, along with a couple other guitars. 

That is just horrible.

I realize we've all gotten spoiled by things like Amazon prime and the like, and maybe expecting that level of near-instant gratification is unreasonable. Still, when your customer is spending ~$2K for a new toy, get off your ass and ship that shit by the conclusion of the next business day. My two cents...

Archived