Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA-Roxy Guitar on Reverb Discounted Hamers

My Studio Custom was delivered today. The condition is exactly as it was described—brand spanking new! As I suspected, it’s a 2007 model, but listed as a 2010–definitely not a big deal. There isn’t a mark on it (except for a touch of Hameritis at the neck joint),  and it was set up to play right out of the box. The strings may be original, as they need replacing. Lou was kind enough to include a new set in the case. It was very well packed, too. 

14D40807-53EE-40C6-8FED-DC4DB994B6D1.jpeg

DA422007-B960-4DA9-8021-697F68534AEA.jpeg

D14C76F2-B12A-47C8-9246-AA1AE3BCB466.jpeg

I made the offer to pay full price off of their website for the Standard and it was accepted and shipped according to the email I received.

I then received a phone call stating the price of $2,599 was inaccurate and the price that they now listed on Reverb of $4,022 was the correct one and they were sorry, but they’d sell it for an additional grand 🤷🏽‍♂️

AF7DDC4E-DA58-45D2-9164-C02AEB59420B.jpeg

5254E4FB-769E-430F-875F-123C323DC017.jpeg

2 hours ago, VKHamr59 said:

I made the offer to pay full price off of their website for the Standard and it was accepted and shipped according to the email I received.

I then received a phone call stating the price of $2,599 was inaccurate and the price that they now listed on Reverb of $4,022 was the correct one and they were sorry, but they’d sell it for an additional grand 🤷🏽‍♂️

That's pretty f**ed. Although at $2600 you were probably stealing it.

34 minutes ago, VKHamr59 said:

I was pretty stoked when I received confirmation and saw that their website showed that it was sold ....then got the hammer dropped and not Hamer 😢

....and informed of the same guitar being ‘correctly’ advertised on Reverb.

"That's a YP, not an MP," would have been my response to that because that's bullshit.  That's not a typo mistake. 

Crazy Eddie lives!

I’m known for taking the upper road, but  this is the third time this has happened.

2x before on eBay and I’m known for taking screenshots and have evidence. It had  also been kinda insinuated I’d be dropped off of the Hamer Facebook page as one of the sellers was a BFF of an admin and “we don’t take kindly.....” Anyway here’s more of the incident....it could all be an innocent mistake, but after going through tons of blogs about Ed Roman I’m in the mood especially in light of being the one shorted to think .....not !

9201D2A7-02F3-473C-9CEB-CBA52279E98E.jpeg

The Standard was at $4K since it was listed a looong time ago. The employee that changed the price should pay the $1100. Ooopsie, payroll deduction. Make the customer happy is what I say.

19 hours ago, VKHamr59 said:

All I know is I went from happy to sad from  10/29-10/30 then happy as I scored a novelty book mark and a 2002 Standard for $2800 including shipping

Better top. Classic neck markers. Enjoy!

It's kind of amazing that there were any NOS Hamers left. I'm glad they stayed here in the club. Compared to other stuff available at those price points a new Hamer looks really sweet. Congrats to the happy buyers (LOVE that Studio!!).

Archived