Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hmmmmmmm~~~ any thoughts good or bad?

My first reaction was that I wanted to quickly dismiss this but then I found myself oddly interested~ did this guy just reinvent the door? 

Ruokangas Introduces the Valvebucker, the First Ever Tube-Driven Electric Guitar Pickup Jan 16, 2019 News
From Discover on Google https://reverb.com/news/ruokangas-introduces-the-valvebucker-the-first-ever-tube-driven-electric-guitar-pickup

19 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

So, is it anything more than a tube-driven preamp built into the guitar? 

Not sure but I don't think so... I'd like to find more information about it as I'm always open to new ideas/inventions even if they are just reinventing the wheel... it sounds pretty good, I think it would be a nice Gadget to create what appears to be a three-dimensional type tone... 

Well, that would be a two-fold bonus, as you get both the signal integrity from an active preamp, as well as the tube coloration. Having to have a big cord go into the guitar from a floor unit is kinda annoying though.

18 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

Having to have a big cord go into the guitar from a floor unit is kinda annoying though.

I remember a while ago, my hero Ronnie Montrose had a guitar with a pickup/pole pieces wired to individual strings & and each string was connected to separate monitors above the stage in a horseshoe shape & and when he struck a chord, the sound literally came from the left sweeping over to the right & when he soloed, it was like a barrage of notes flying at you from different angles... I may or may not have been under the influence of anesthesia but it was pretty cool at the time 😆

I appreciate someone having a new idea for something, but it doesn't seem to add anything more than what you'd have if you had pedals with tubes.  No pricing tells me it's pricey.  I guess you can create a new inner roasted guitar category.  

Archived