Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Thinking of maybe expanding my Hamer collection...but which direction?

draelyc

Looking at this new year, I may finally be able to start squirreling away a little extra cash each month to build back up the gear fund that went defunct after my children were born. :)  I love my Mirage Koa and my Studio.  If I were going to add another Hamer to the stable, what should I go for? 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

As correctly anticipated by @Steve Haynie - currently for sale.....Unique Fantasy Dragon Guitar (you might recognise the inspiration of the art work Mr AD&D...)

Good googly moogly! :o 

So... the consensus of this august board is … all the Hamers.  I should get all the Hamers.

Welp, that was my first instinct, too, so there ya go!  :lol:

But for the sake of baby steps, I was thinking a Standard would at least be different enough from the ones I have to "justify" adding it.

Then again, an Artist is on my bucket list.   But I've been thinking of that as a "some day" kind of purchase, I guess because the list price was so high when they were new...

The Standard is the brand...uh...standard, so typically what I'd recommend, but all suggestions are good.

Try a Korina Vector.  Because everybody needs a Vee.

16 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

The Standard is the brand...uh...standard, so typically what I'd recommend, but all suggestions are good.

Try a Korina Vector.  Because everybody needs a Vee.

Ooh, I forgot about the Vector...

But I have seen a number of Korina Standards around the innarwebz…  Don't know much about Korina as a tone wood, though. 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Honestly, if you want to add something that offers up something unique and exceptional in tone from Hamer, get a spruce top Newport or Newport Pro hollowbody. As Hamers go, I think the Newport is the crown jewel.

I don't think I realized there was a spruce top version of the Newport.  Brb, gonna be Googling for a minute. :) 

1 minute ago, gtrdaddy said:

Spruce is the “standard” top on Newport’s. 

That explain it ~ I never heard of a "spruce top Newport" because that's just what they were.  Makes sense. 👍

So I just watched all three of this guy's demos of the Newport, and … man, this may be the one to work towards! 💡

Archived