Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My winter project

gorch

During the darkest times of the year when the bells are ringing and presents to one self lighten up a guitarists heart, it's the times when special projects appear sometimes planned and sometimes from random. Well, I should have known when I started things off, but it would probably had not stopped me entering the quest I went through this season's break.

The idea actually was quite simple. You know, over the last 3 years I had been collecting virtual instruments mostly for the Kontakt Player engine. The discount battle in November fueled GAS again and a full church organ flew onto my computer. What can you do with the organ, I thought? Eventually, I can't play keyboard really. So, the idea of interactively listening to music was born. Rather than starting a CD to play and listen, I wanted to take some notes, load it into Cubase and connect to a virtual instrument. Just for playing with the tools and listen for a while.

Where to get the notes from? That was the 2nd question needing an answer. As easy as that, I remembered that our own Sentinel had written an entire Symphony for organ. A mail was quickly written and the idea explained. Thankfully, Curt supported the idea and sent the 1st movement.

As you might already guess, it did not end with the 1st and one movement. Now, the full Symphony and a wedding march has been arranged. All composed by Sentinel/Curt. From different perspectives we both are very proud of the results. In addition there is a chance that we come to meet later this year. So, no joint selfie for the moment.

Hoping you like it, two movements are now in my Soundcloud account.

Again, the HFC is a great and inspiring place to be!

Many thanks to Curt for his great compositions and support!

ETA: Just forgot to say. Play it out loud to let the walls shaking. It's got some strong basses in there.

Thanks Gorch!! 

My music sounds really great on that organ!

You recieved my emails with the plain music score and then you orchestrated the music greatly, well done - by selecting from the 42 different pipes and sounds of that organ - just like as an ordinary organ player does, when sitting by the instrument, before playing the music. And you used up all of your winter holiday for it. Please, accept my humble appreciation! 😄

(I wonder if laymen really knows how many combinations of stops and levers that needs to be pulled and pressed to achieve such variety of sounds!) 

On 1/18/2019 at 11:37 PM, gtrdaddy said:

Very cool! Boris Karloff likes it!

Oh yes, the dark pipes growl nicely. B)

Archived