Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gibson LP R9 2007

Bennyboy-UK

Question

Evening all,

I’m out of touch with Gibson guitars since I sold my 1990 Standard about 13 years ago.

I have had a trade offer on the engraved guitar of a 2007 LP R9.

I wasn’t looking for an LP but this was an interesting offer...

I’d be grateful for a steer on what these are, that they are like, what to look for etc from you guys who are in the know.

Photos to follow....

Hope you can help!

Ben.

11 answers to this question

It's equivalent to selling it "more or less" for 4K... I think most people here would say to do it cuz it's "easy money in the bank" however, that's a one of a kind very cool piece of art... not knowing the market on the Hamer could be iffy though, have you tried listing it on Reverb or eBay for 5K with a best offer and see if they're any tire kickers out there?.. that at least would give you a indication for future potential buyers

A 2007 R9 could be an exceptional guitar.  Hoping Jay will chime in here.

Hope you're able to snag this LP for a good, reasonable price!  When I was in the UK in the 80's and 90's stationed there with the USAF, I noticed that new US-made guitars sold in the UK would more-or-less go for the same price in the UK, numerically speaking...that meant, if it went for US $4000 in the US, it had a tendency to be priced in the UK at L4000 (sorry, my keyboard doesn't have a UK Pound sign).  Used gear was similar, especially if it was a popular item like a Les Paul...the more popular, the more expensive it was.  I dunno if the price disparity for US gear is the same now in the UK as it used to be, you'll have to let us know!

11 minutes ago, crunchee said:

Hope you're able to snag this LP for a good, reasonable price!  When I was in the UK in the 80's and 90's stationed there with the USAF, I noticed that new US-made guitars sold in the UK would more-or-less go for the same price in the UK, numerically speaking...that meant, if it went for US $4000 in the US, it had a tendency to be priced in the UK at L4000 (sorry, my keyboard doesn't have a UK Pound sign).  Used gear was similar, especially if it was a popular item like a Les Paul...the more popular, the more expensive it was.  I dunno if the price disparity for US gear is the same now in the UK as it used to be, you'll have to let us know!

Yep the $/£ thing pretty much still stands up today:)

I'm close to RAF Fairford which is our nearest USAF affiliated/owned base, and we go over there every year for RIAT for a couple of days.

Where were you stationed? - I think RAF Lakenheath is the most busy USAF base these days - they're flying F-15C and E variants - and Mildenhall which was probably SAC / SW when you were stationed over here - cant remember what they do these days - but I recall they had a number of unitss there. then there are a few Signals stations as well.

Have some F-16s and an F-22 pictures that I took a couple of years ago at RIAT for your trouble :D

31887622737_1b8ba136b6_z.jpg%20

31887629267_6dfba2f7a4_z.jpg%20

46776766852_4fd19f649b_z.jpg%20

31887630157_d210143f01_z.jpg%20

46776768372_766b2ec4d6_z.jpg%20

46829086751_f67ee0c0b1_z.jpg%20

Very cool photos, that brings back fond memories, especially of being stationed in the UK!  I was a Air Force Medic stationed at RAF Bentwaters in Suffolk from 89-92, and at RAF Greenham Common from 84-86.  Bentwaters had A-10s, and an 'Aggressor' Squadron of F-16 back then, also IIRC USAF Search and Rescue helicopters.  Greenham Common used to hold the RIAT back in the '70's and early '80's, but that was moved once the Cruise Missiles got established in '83...funny thing is, Greenham had (supposedly, so I was told back then) the second-longest aircraft runway in the UK back then though no aircraft, it was an emergency backup strip for Heathrow and had USAF aircraft there back in the '50's and '60's.  I visited Greenham in 2006, the base is no longer MOD but is a industrial park now, and the runway was torn up and turned into grasslands not long after the base was closed.  When I was there, pretty much all US Air Force assets were under USAFE (US Air Forces in Europe) command there, I don't think that part has changed since I left the service, but it's hard to tell with so many changes over the years!

Archived