Hamer Fan Club Message Center

" Fender's Groundbreaking Acoustasonic Telecaster Hybrid"

stonge

brass wound strings... I got suckered into the super duper piece of pooper Line 6 guitar when they 1st came out... I think I’ll continue in my Quest for a really clean DuoTone!!!

IIRC, there was also a USA-made Ovation-branded acoustic/electric solidbody out about ten or fifteen years ago, that had help in development and manufacturing from the Hamer side of the house at New Hartford...and no, it wasn't the Duotone.  The model name/number escapes me at the moment, anybody remember that one?

4 hours ago, crunchee said:

IIRC, there was also a USA-made Ovation-branded acoustic/electric solidbody out about ten or fifteen years ago, that had help in development and manufacturing from the Hamer side of the house at New Hartford...and no, it wasn't the Duotone.  The model name/number escapes me at the moment, anybody remember that one?

Called the VXT. Complex for sure. I had one custom built with a Koa ultra top, upgraded binding from the Hamer shop, and chrome knobs and pup surrounds. It was the second custom VXT made by Ovation. Bill Kaman got the first one if I recall correctly. It’s a very versatile model that was poorly marketed and, therefore, poorly understood.

Maybe it's just stereotyping, but my first reaction to reading "luthiery technology" was that it's somewhat of an oxymoron and/or a B.S. term. "Luthery" seems to imply craftspersons working in shops, and most of those folks don't use CNC machines or PLEK machines....

Well, I don’t dislike the look neither the idea. Not for me though. I don’t even perform live anymore! 

I find the look and the approach appealing. I am a fan of Fishman electronics, both for the acoustic guitar (Aura Spectrum DI) and electric guitar (Fluence pickups). I am playing with a group where it would be handy to switch between acoustic and electric tones in the same song (yeah, I can also do that with my Boss GP-10, but it's so...yellow). 

Did anyone notice whether this thing is supposed to use electric or acoustic strings?

Archived