Hamer Fan Club Message Center
stonge

" Fender's Groundbreaking Acoustasonic Telecaster Hybrid"

15 minutes ago, stonge said:

...at least it doesn't have autotuners...

...yet.

it looks like a Minion with a mustache

I'd rather have the DuoTone with the TLE body that someone recently posted.

• Like 2

brass wound strings... I got suckered into the super duper piece of pooper Line 6 guitar when they 1st came out... I think I’ll continue in my Quest for a really clean DuoTone!!!

IIRC, there was also a USA-made Ovation-branded acoustic/electric solidbody out about ten or fifteen years ago, that had help in development and manufacturing from the Hamer side of the house at New Hartford...and no, it wasn't the Duotone.  The model name/number escapes me at the moment, anybody remember that one?

Edited by crunchee

On the diagram, what is labeled as a "Stringed Instrument Resonance System" (SIRS) appears to be something that I would personally call a "hole"...

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Groundbreaking?  No.  It has all been done before.

Hasn't Ibanez been making the Talman for 10 or more years? $299 and save $1,700.

iba-tcm50nt_1.jpg

Edited by Carl.B
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, crunchee said:

IIRC, there was also a USA-made Ovation-branded acoustic/electric solidbody out about ten or fifteen years ago, that had help in development and manufacturing from the Hamer side of the house at New Hartford...and no, it wasn't the Duotone.  The model name/number escapes me at the moment, anybody remember that one?

Called the VXT. Complex for sure. I had one custom built with a Koa ultra top, upgraded binding from the Hamer shop, and chrome knobs and pup surrounds. It was the second custom VXT made by Ovation. Bill Kaman got the first one if I recall correctly. It’s a very versatile model that was poorly marketed and, therefore, poorly understood.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"the latest in modern design and luthiery technology."  

Well, that says it all. 

6 hours ago, BubbaVO said:

I'd rather have the DuoTone with the TLE body that someone recently posted.

Me too.   😋

• Haha 1

Maybe it's just stereotyping, but my first reaction to reading "luthiery technology" was that it's somewhat of an oxymoron and/or a B.S. term. "Luthery" seems to imply craftspersons working in shops, and most of those folks don't use CNC machines or PLEK machines....

• Like 3

Well, I don’t dislike the look neither the idea. Not for me though. I don’t even perform live anymore! 

I find the look and the approach appealing. I am a fan of Fishman electronics, both for the acoustic guitar (Aura Spectrum DI) and electric guitar (Fluence pickups). I am playing with a group where it would be handy to switch between acoustic and electric tones in the same song (yeah, I can also do that with my Boss GP-10, but it's so...yellow). 

Did anyone notice whether this thing is supposed to use electric or acoustic strings?

Fender announces the love child of the Taylor T5z and the Line 6 Variax.