Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA - Super cool T62

17 minutes ago, Carl.B said:

Type in Hamer in the search and they have a few other nice looking Hamer's too.

16820459b7e8c8c3b54b362ea73e20f6c20282.j

My, but that is one FINE looking Cent... 😆

1 minute ago, black magic said:

Wow. Do you own one like that?

image.png

I own that one. They must not have taken the ad down. ;)

5 hours ago, currypowder said:

That one isn't a Hamer. It's an Ornetts. They are great MIJ guitars. The one I have has a slightly wider body than a studio.

I saw that after I posted it and was doing deeper dive into the guitars they had listed under "Hamer". I got into a copy & paste groove! 😄

T-62’s are both beautiful (Birdseye maple necks) and great to play (light, 7/8 body, awesome ABM trem), but you have to be able to live with the slender neck profile (at least I’ve never played/owned one that wasn’t on the slender side of medium) as well as lack of tone control (if staying stock).   Unlike most Hamers it seems like SFG is a fairly common finish on that model.

56 minutes ago, holLoWskull said:

T-62’s are both beautiful (Birdseye maple necks) and great to play (light, 7/8 body, awesome ABM trem), but you have to be able to live with the slender neck profile (at least I’ve never played/owned one that wasn’t on the slender side of medium) as well as lack of tone control (if staying stock).   Unlike most Hamers it seems like SFG is a fairly common finish on that model.

I'd LOVE one with a 8/8s body....why do these guitars have to be 'kid-sized'?  Slender neck, too?  Glad I never chased one.  My Daytona suits me fine...

I can deal with the slightly downsized body (it's actually quite comfortable to play), but the slender neck profile occasionally makes me consider moving mine to a new home.  :(   I often lament that my T-62's neck is nowhere near as substantial as my Daytona's is, but then I remind myself that Hamer most likely designed both guitars with different target players in mind (my analogy...Daytona is to Fender Custom shop as T-62 is to Tom Anderson).  YYMV.

On 1/22/2019 at 3:24 PM, Bennyboy-UK said:

Sorted

Did anyone help, or were you able to sort the nitwit look out yourself? 

On 1/22/2019 at 4:26 PM, Carl.B said:

Type in Hamer in the search and they have a few other nice looking Hamer's too. 

e4ef95059783596f27e508ec1c80a7c0ea572f.j

That's pretty. Gigantic frets! 

Archived