Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Show Your O'Connors (Again)

diablo175

Having seen a few O'Connor painted beauties and recently, the Leopard Dragon Skin Chap that was sold, wanted to see more O'Connor pron! Whatcha got?

BTW- I think I read that he's still painting but is fairly selective about what and when he does them. Anyone know for certain? Asking for a friend... ;)

50 minutes ago, DBraz said:

You tease! 

would you expect anything less from me....   It's better than a picture of Sandra Day O'Conner....... no offense to anyone of you are a super fanboi of the judge.

• 8 months later...

Zombie Thread/Resurrection:

Never heard if Jim O'Connor is still painting guitars. Anyone know if he's still taking on the occasional commission?

28 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Zombie Thread/Resurrection:

Never heard if Jim O'Connor is still painting guitars. Anyone know if he's still taking on the occasional commission?

I spoke with him about doing a Famous Monsters replica, he was somewhat noncommittal and expensive, so I went with Dan Lawrence instead.  

Jim has moved around a lot over the past decade and I'm unsure if he has the artistic space, for a while he was living on a boat.  

I've spoken to him a few times in the last decade.  He's officially retired, and apparently not taking commissions.

If he was, I had one that I wanted him to finish for me a few years ago (which is why I reached out).  Nobody does the snakeskin graphic as well as he did!

8 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I've spoken to him a few times in the last decade.  He's officially retired, and apparently not taking commissions.

If he was, I had one that I wanted him to finish for me a few years ago (which is why I reached out).  Nobody does the snakeskin graphic as well as he did!

Yeah, I'd be inclined to agree. 

I was hoping he'd consider doing a dragon skin for an upcoming project.

Jim's arm (I think) can be twisted still, although he's had lots of high profile guys try to twist it.... his official line is "retired" from guitar finishes but you never know. I suspect it would run you into at least the low 4 figures but my guess would be if you'd have more success if you could entice him with an idea vs just cash for retread of something he's already done..... break new ground... see if he's game!

1 hour ago, Dasein said:

Jim's arm (I think) can be twisted still, although he's had lots of high profile guys try to twist it.... his official line is "retired" from guitar finishes but you never know. I suspect it would run you into at least the low 4 figures but my guess would be if you'd have more success if you could entice him with an idea vs just cash for retread of something he's already done..... break new ground... see if he's game!

He want's $6,000+ to consider anything.  

Archived