Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Stolen Guitar Alert

A couple of weeks ago, I shipped my killer Rick Nielsen Greco Mirage M-1000 to Michael in Germany (@boundandcrowned) using the USPS. It doesn't appear to have ever left Louisville. The last scan was on the day I shipped it and it hasn't been seen since. I've been working with my local USPS Consumer Affairs office (who have been great, FWIW) to locate it to no avail. He and I both feel that it was likely stolen by an employee. I have filed all the necessary claims and complaints with the USPS and the Inspector General. I've also filed a police report and contacted the main guitar shops here in town. But it can't hurt to let you guys know as well, just in case someone happens to run into it. It'll be easy to spot, not too many of these around. The serial is G01037. Here are a couple of pics.

Who knows, maybe it'll just show up in Germany or my doorstep one day. I'm not holding my breath, though.

y4myZtho0MSGGtrmpQkmd9M297XItCkEd-Rg35IU

y4mfxDx_VlaK8fSoBfkVGb_qLaVoLxGCKHtJeg96

42 minutes ago, Carl.B said:

Type this into Google search "Greco guitar site:craigslist.org" and it searches all of Craigslist.  It's not perfect and you may need to go into each returned result and search Greco in that result too.

Alternatively, if you have a smart phone there are apps that perform this search and display the results infinitely better.

As sad as it is, the guitar is really nice!

How many weeks are you talking about missing it? Shipping can take quite a while oversees. Possibly it was delayed by the shutdown and goes snail slow.

10 hours ago, currypowder said:

Just stand on your head.

Some Yoga would do it. B) 

2 hours ago, JochenP said:

Have you or Michaal contact the German customs office? (Cites ?? )

The best possible outcome will be for the guitar to just turn up. But I've received and shipped enough guitars internationally to have a decent feel for how the USPS tracking system works. A missed scan here and there can be expected, but no scans anywhere along the way, departing Louisville, Arrived in Chicago, In or Out of Customs, departing Chicago, etc. is pretty unusual. FWIW, all of the CITES export paperwork was in order and included.

But, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it shows up somewhere soon.

Archived