Hamer Fan Club Message Center

How many Mirages?/Mirage Appreciation Thread

Travis

Does anybody know how many of the different variety of Mirages were produced over the years?

i’ve seen numbers around a total of less than 900 with around 350 Mirage I’s and 250 each of the Mirage II’s and Maple Tops. No clue if those numbers are accurate. 

My Mirage is a ‘94 all stock except for a Duncan Cool Rails in the neck. (439782)

Anyone got one earlier...?

F6EB670B-0BCF-4D3D-837E-24C6C0AB76D6.jpeg

1FB8AAA6-1C52-43D7-994B-474F7B90DA8F.jpeg

My apologies for the shitty cell phone pics.  One of these days I'll get the old girl cleaned up and post some proper glamour shots...

Here's a variation that came from the factory that I bet you haven't seen before.  Made for Mike McCready as a gift.

mirage.png

IMG_6055.jpg

27 minutes ago, HamStd said:

Here's a variation that came from the factory that I bet you haven't seen before.  Made for Mike McCready as a gift.

mirage.png

IMG_6055.jpg

Is that yours...?

4 minutes ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Yes it's his:wub:.......................when it comes to rare Hamer guitars and many others everything IS his................or so it seems anyway!

This one ain't his...

DSC_1366.jpg

57 minutes ago, Travis said:

Tell the story behind that one 

Mirage I custom ordered by a Kamman sales rep. Quilt top, bridge humbucker,  sculpted neck heel. 

Never seen another like it.  

5 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Mirage I custom ordered by a Kamman sales rep. Quilt top, bridge humbucker,  sculpted neck heel. 

Never seen another like it.  

I'm not much for the gold bridge, but I cannot find another flaw with that guitar.

8 hours ago, Travis said:

I'm not much for the gold bridge, but I cannot find another flaw with that guitar.

Yeah, I could do without the gold hardware as well, but it kinda works with the Salmon Blush.  

• 4 weeks later...

A bump for this thread since I never really got an answer to my original question. 

I’ve been looking up old Mirage threads and came across a ton of really cool examples that people have modded.

perhaps we can turn this into a Mirage appreciation thread, knowing that it’s not the most appreciated Hamer model ever. But, some people “get it”...

I did find this old post. No mention of any of the other finishes on the maple tops, tho...

4585DB20-852E-496E-8131-21C00BEE04E9.png

Here's my boring old natural Maple top... IMHO, even a mild burst on that would have just obscured the wood.

82iunlG.jpg

I did replace the trem with a Bladerunner, and wired it with a 5 way super switch for some phase switchery...

As weird as this is... I bought this guitar new at a music store I was working at and - get this - it was my first guitar. I play other instruments, but I didn't play guitar until I worked there (the jury is out on whether what I do now should be called "playing guitar"...). Just played around on the clock and absolutely fell in love with this particular guitar. Bypassed all that Squier Strat stuff... 

Sooner or later, I'll probably wind up with a Mirage I just for S & G's...

4 hours ago, Marvelicious said:

Here's my boring old natural Maple top... IMHO, even a mild burst on that would have just obscured the wood.

82iunlG.jpg

I did replace the trem with a Bladerunner, and wired it with a 5 way super switch for some phase switchery...

As weird as this is... I bought this guitar new at a music store I was working at and - get this - it was my first guitar. I play other instruments, but I didn't play guitar until I worked there (the jury is out on whether what I do now should be called "playing guitar"...). Just played around on the clock and absolutely fell in love with this particular guitar. Bypassed all that Squier Strat stuff... 

Sooner or later, I'll probably wind up with a Mirage I just for S & G's...

That’s fantastic. I had a maple top like that years ago and the flame was just insane.  Thanks for posting. 

19 hours ago, Travis said:

I did find this old post. No mention of any of the other finishes on the maple tops, tho...

4585DB20-852E-496E-8131-21C00BEE04E9.png

The more I read through various threads the more I am in awe at the savvy and understanding you guys have regarding Hamer guitars, it is certainly a passion and I am proud to be with such learn (ed) people. If only my accountant was so understanding about my tax affairs.

58 minutes ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

A guy here in Minnesota was selling this one long ago which I think is stunning! uAh8eWX.jpg

Wow, that top is spectacular... 

I remember almost 25 years ago when I got my ‘94 Mirage, shortly after the guitar store got another one. The second Mirage’s top was not as nicely figured as the one I got. I spent many years thinking I must’ve gotten one of the nicer tops. Pictures like this and some of the others in this thread lead me to believe that mine is only average...

Some nice guitars being posted,  Peter, that one that McCready owned is very cool.  Kiz, I give you the coolest stock Mirage I award (at least that I’ve seen so far).  Gold hardware and Salmon Blush over quilt is basically Hamer saying right from the factory Pimp My Mirage! 

Nothing special about mine...except it’s mine 😎

Mojotone Quite Coil 58’s w hot bridge. Dead quiet and they sound awesome w the hog and Koa!! I know the purist’s will disagree but after I put these pup’s in the guitar roars!!

CD8434B7-D0BD-4BA9-BC3F-9CB2300830C2.jpeg

39 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

Nothing special about mine...except it’s mine 😎

Mojotone Quite Coil 59’s w hot bridge. Dead quiet and they sound awesome w the hog and Koa!! I know the purist’s will disagree but after I put these pup’s in the guitar roars!!

CD8434B7-D0BD-4BA9-BC3F-9CB2300830C2.jpeg

Looks special to me. Love it. Tell me more about those pickups. 

The Quiet Coil 59’s are actually humbuckers... but they do it in a way that they sound like a fifty’s mid forward strat pickup. There’s a ton of clips of them on youtube. Clean or dirty they sound straty without the noise!!

3 hours ago, Travis said:

Looks special to me. Love it. Tell me more about those pickups

Archived