Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Heritage Guitars

cynic

22 hours ago, kizanski said:

In fairness, it's the same crime committed twice - lol.

At least there was not the most egregious and irritating example of Apostrophe Abuse™ which we've all seen, where the "writer" adds an apostrophe when pluralizing any given noun.
Ex: Hamer's are great guitar's.

It's especially confusing to me from the point that ignorance actually trumps laziness.
All you had to do was nothing. Less key strokes and laziness would have been accurate. 

I agree 100%  Save the apostrophes! Who knows how many we have left? 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/11/2019 at 8:24 AM, Steve Haynie said:

A $12 billion renovation to the building?  Someone was not proorfeeding very well. 

Well, that figure was correct.  The first 11.5 billion was for the wall around it.   🙄

On 2/11/2019 at 11:33 AM, kizanski said:

It's especially confusing to me from the point that ignorance actually trumps laziness.
All you had to do was nothing. Less key strokes and laziness would have been accurate. 

Fewer keystrokes.

(Seizes Pedant of the Year trophy, takes a bow)

At least there was not the most egregious and irritating example of Apostrophe Abuse™ which we've all seen, where the "writer" adds an apostrophe when pluralizing any given noun.

A69A64FC-39CC-4375-925A-D616BE9827D6.jpeg

Well, I never played a Heritage guitar. But I remember they got good reviews in the magazines when they got on the market. I was interested in their Firebird version (H-357), as well the Golden Eagle. Also later designs, like the Millenium and Millenium DC looked great to me, I always wished Gibson would have come up with those designs. But since I don't have money or room (nor the need) for more guitars, I am kind of cured from GAS... or at least, I got myself under control. Are they really that bad in quality and playability.

Never really had many issues with my Heritage guitars. Just the Schaller Golden 50 pickups that they put in pretty much every guitar through the 80s and 90s. They are very clean and clear, and great for certain types of playing, but they lack the snarl you get from some nice PAF style pickups.

20 hours ago, Hamer_SS_guy said:

Are they really that bad in quality and playability.

No. I've had several, and should have kept a couple. However, most of them were prone to finishing flaws. They played and sounded great, but I couldn't get over the lack of quality control on the finishes and minor details.

I've been to the factory a few times, and saw one of the owners do a final inspection an a newly-constructed guitar--about 5 seconds later, he was done. Of course, this was before the new regime took over; I've heard nothing but good things about the improved quality. I'm still surprised at the one-year warranty, though--even Epiphone has a much better warranty than that! 

I've played dozens, and despite the impressions of some people here who have likely either played many, many more or just gotten a good one somehow - every one I've played has been a stone cold dog.  

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

I've played dozens, and despite the impressions of some people here who have likely either played many, many more or just gotten a good one somehow - every one I've played has been a stone cold dog.  

That's how I felt with most of my Carvin Guitars. Just... no life. My Bolt though, that's awesome. My basses are awesome. Something about their guitars just never worked for me. Their amps however, oh yeah. My X-100B from the early 90s is still one of my favorite amps, of all time.

2 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Truth. I owned a Roy Clark for about a week. Woof, whatta POOCH!

I agree.  It's OK when it's an average person, but when someone is calling themselves a writer and they do that, yeah, it's bad.  It's like if Brent called himself a luthier. 

Just now, scottcald said:

It's OK when it's an average person, but when someone is calling themselves a writer and they do that, yeah, it's bad.

Im sorry, I don't agree with that.  

It's bad for an average person as well.  It's REALLY bad when I see it on the CNN homepage (which is almost daily).

9 hours ago, kizanski said:

Im sorry, I don't agree with that.  

It's bad for an average person as well.  It's REALLY bad when I see it on the CNN homepage (which is almost daily).

I don't like it, but it's different for "professionals" to be doing that.  Pretty much all the news joints have that kind of thing now, unfortunately.  

At risk of being mocked, I have a H 535 custom order from Wolfe guitars. Sprezel non locking tuners, bound headstock, aged cherry finish, Duncan Antiquities, Tone Pros hardware....it sounds great and the finishing is fine. Maybe I got a good one.  

My Hamer Artist is still my goto guitar but I do like this particular Heritage.

1 minute ago, spanky said:

At risk of being mocked, I have a H 535 custom order from Wolfe guitars. Sprezel non locking tuners, bound headstock, aged cherry finish, Duncan Antiquities, Tone Pros hardware....it sounds great and the finishing is fine.

invasion.gif

5 hours ago, spanky said:

At risk of being mocked, I have a H 535 custom order from Wolfe guitars. Sprezel non locking tuners, bound headstock, aged cherry finish, Duncan Antiquities, Tone Pros hardware....it sounds great and the finishing is fine. Maybe I got a good one.  

My Hamer Artist is still my goto guitar but I do like this particular Heritage.

Got any pics? I have a 535. Great player. 

On 2/14/2019 at 12:28 PM, Thundersteel said:

No. I've had several, and should have kept a couple. However, most of them were prone to finishing flaws. They played and sounded great, but I couldn't get over the lack of quality control on the finishes and minor details.

I've been to the factory a few times, and saw one of the owners do a final inspection an a newly-constructed guitar--about 5 seconds later, he was done. Of course, this was before the new regime took over; I've heard nothing but good things about the improved quality. I'm still surprised at the one-year warranty, though--even Epiphone has a much better warranty than that! 

One guy told me he was very upset at the losing of half the workers / builders. He said he likes buying guitars that were built by his "friends." I left it at that but wondered why he wanted to buy from friends who build guitars like shit. Same goes for Gibson though and these guys came from Gibson where they learned their bad habits. When you get a good one, it's really good. But many aren't. 

Archived