Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
Marvelicious

PSA Portland Craigslist... Anything you wanted to tell us?

A few items popped up on the Portland Craigslist. Judging from the map, they're all the same person. Quite possibly a person I've done business with before... my theory is that it's nearly time to make the final payment on Shishkov #88.

#1... A very nice 30th Anniversary.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/msg/d/battle-ground-hamer-30th-anniversary/6816371353.html

01616_1Fzooo1G98V_1200x900.jpg

#2... a camera shy Duotone

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/msg/d/battle-ground-hamer-duo-tone/6816396046.html

No picture on the ad... I'm guessing it looks like a Duotone. At the price, I'm tempted.

#3... Monaco III P90 in natural

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/msg/d/battle-ground-hamer-monaco-iii/6816379536.html

00202_d5FPQsMtdtY_1200x900.jpg

That last ad also contains a pic of this Newport, but I think that was unintentional. If the Newport is for sale, I would be willing to make some poor financial choices in order to afford it...

00u0u_7nrKbLZCyre_1200x900.jpg

Anyhow... we now return you to your regularly scheduled for sale section...

Edit: updated pic of the 30th... Apparently that was his other 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Studio Custom and he got the pics mixed up. Who hasn't been there?

Edited by Marvelicious
  • Like 1

My intent is always to post here and locally before I post anywhere else. Some other s**t came up this afternoon and I got "interrupted" before getting over here. The Duo-Tone IS the one made famous by Brooks. Could not resist when it popped up, because it is the perfect (IMO) blend of upgraded pickups with the piezo set-up. I DO have the same set-up in the "Old Silver" Duo-Tone Custom, which is the subject of at least two "dibs demands". But I just cannot bring myself around to giving it up. Frankly, it is worth more to me than I can possibly sell it for. So, better I let that other one go. The one of two-off Duo-Tone 12vers MAY be on the bubble. Gotta percolate on that one. Not quite there.......

IIRC, I still have about a dozen Hamers. It will not hurt me to lighten up further. But at least I no longer have over 50. That was a stupid (if understandable) excess.....

I have fallen off the wagon in recent months, after having sold off a huge portion of my former excesses over a period of about 30 months. Time to repent. I plan to post a couple Hubers, 3-4 higher end PRSi and at least one Scott Walker soon. I also had one Hartung that I planned to post. However, someone here had an open "Dibs" on it and it is already spoken for, payment pending.

IIRC, I am in the 20th month of Shishkov Anticipation. It will arrive when it arrives.......

PS....That limited production Newport is long gone. And missed.

ETA.....I need to replace the pictures of the 30th. That one is actually of the first one I had.....They say that two things start to go as we get older. The first is memory. I forget the other.

And since multiple people have asked, here is the ONLY picture I can find of the one......I WILL get an actual for sale thread going. I am just tied up with a few monthly reports and such I need to finish first. Def has play wear, some on the cowboy chord area frets. It was in need of a little TLC when I got it....I did a bit of cleaning, lubrication of noisy pots and new strings and I would say it is ready to go.

duo-Tone.jpeg

Edited by django49
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, django49 said:

IIRC, I am in the 20th month of Shishkov Anticipation. It will arrive when it arrives.......

PS....That limited production Newport is long gone. And missed.

It will arrive when it arrives... Obviously finding your way into the Shishkov queue comes with the added bonus of a bit of Buddhist enlightenment. 

Since I don't have to shuffle funds for that Newport, I'm going to have to think that Duotone over a bit. I've always thought they were pretty cool. 

7 hours ago, Marvelicious said:

If the Newport is for sale, I would be willing to make some poor financial choices in order to afford it...

Since that one is gone, you should consider the one which IS for sale.  

Edited by kizanski
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, kizanski said:

Since that one is gone, you should consider the one which IS for sale.  

I have looked at it, but I have an unreasonable prejudice against cherry sunburst... I'd have to buy a tanning bed to store it in to bleach the red out of it. 

4 minutes ago, Marvelicious said:

I'd have to buy a tanning bed to store it in to bleach the red out of it. 

I don't care if you shower with it, as long as your check clears.

• Haha 3

Don’s always got the sweetest guitars ! Drooling !!! Love to see that Duotone ! 

Edited by ksmjc1969

I would love to see that DuoTone also... a Duotone is pretty high on my list of things I need to spoil myself!!